Transmission Acting Up Need Help Asap - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Transmission Acting Up Need Help Asap in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; it was worth it to me, he explained that when telling me the price upfront he undershot the job and ...
    famofcadillacs is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Transmission Acting Up Need Help Asap

it was worth it to me, he explained that when telling me the price upfront he undershot the job and i noticed that alot of people where paying 250 to 300 for the most part to get this done so me getting it done for 120 just didnt seem right, now its fixed and it only cost me 170 out the door, the guys ussually really resonable and ive had times where ive been out of money and hes done the work for free till i get some more, so im basically paying for the friendship not his mistake, just really happy to quit drivin my work truck everywhere and i finally can get back into my sls!!!

STS al UK is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Transmission Acting Up Need Help Asap

jjbuckley.. thanks for the info mate, got the full solenoid kit for my 96 STS after being given a link to this thread, also used the diagrams posted on here somewhere and along with my shop manual the job was done quite easilly really... many thanks guys.
    Much better than my cadillac dealer who changed one solenoid when I took it in with no overdrive, charged me £400 ($700) and then told me my tranny was U/S and that they could sell me a new one for £3000 (approx $7000 plus fitting and tax) .
    WELL... I guess I gonna have words with them later this week lol.
    Fixed it myself for £100 (approx $190) in 3 hours... I think maybe my solicitor may be speaking to them insted lol to give em a seeing to

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.