Passenger mirror compatibility
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Passenger mirror compatibility in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm needing to replace my passenger outside mirror on my 02 sls. It has the heated/memory mirror. Will any from ...
    accuab is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Seville SLS

Passenger mirror compatibility

I'm needing to replace my passenger outside mirror on my 02 sls. It has the heated/memory mirror. Will any from 97-04 work as long as it has 2 connectors coming out of it? The listing online just says heated mirror but the seller doesn't have the option code listed from it. Is there a way to know for sure without asking for the code?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    '97 was the older body style. '97-'04 are physically the same, all heated, all dimming, but not all with memory. I'm not sure what the difference in the harness would be though. Someone else may.

JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)

Re: Passenger mirror compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by accuab View Post
    I'm needing to replace my passenger outside mirror on my 02 sls.
    I'm needing a clarification. Are you replacing the complete assembly (housing and glass), or are you replacing the glass only?
    It has the heated/memory mirror. Will any from 97-04 work....
    No. But the mirror assembly OR the glass from a 1998 - 2004 Seville will work fine.

Mine is a DR2 A45 option car if anyone knows exactly what the difference in wiring for the different options. And I'm replacing the whole thing. I clipped a mailbox at high speed at night. It broke the housing and mirror.

JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)

Quote Originally Posted by accuab View Post
    Mine is a DR2 A45 option car if anyone knows exactly what the difference in wiring for the different options.
    There is no difference in mirror wiring for Sevilles from 1998 to 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    There is no difference in mirror wiring for Sevilles from 1998 to 2004.
    The only thing I have seen from looking online is that there are some that are just power with no memory and they only have one black plug. Whereas the ones with the memory have a green plug as well. Where I'm confused is the DR2 Some are saying passenger mirrors that are dimming. I was under the impression that only the driver mirror could dim from reading the owners manual. Also was DR4 even an option on the sevilles? The ads are showing DR2 meaning w/o light sensitive and DR4 meaning w/ light sensitive.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.