97 seville rear blown speakers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 97 seville rear blown speakers in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi i have a 97 seville and the back speakers are blown out. do u have to have an amp ...
    caddyman19 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 cadillac seville

Exclamation 97 seville rear blown speakers

Hi i have a 97 seville and the back speakers are blown out. do u have to have an amp to power the new speakers

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Re: 97 seville rear blown speakers

If you have BOSE sound system you actually need 2 amps to power the rear speakers (one for each). Base sound system has no amps is all in the HU.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

If you have the Bose speakers, like N* said they each have their own 2ohm speaker. Personally i'd replace them with Infinity Reference 9632CF's

They're a direct replacement and will work with the Bose amps:

http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Reference-9632cf-Performance-Loudspeaker/dp/B002CIU78I

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by vincentm View Post
    If you have the Bose speakers, like N* said they each have their own 2ohm speaker. Personally i'd replace them with Infinity Reference 9632CF's

They're a direct replacement and will work with the Bose amps:

http://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Reference-9632cf-Performance-Loudspeaker/dp/B002CIU78I

Is there a version for the front speakers as well?

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

The same goes for the front speakers only that if BOSE equipped not only that you have individual amps for each, but also enclosure.

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 96 STS, 140k

this is a 96 seville BOSE speaker. shows small amp mounted to speaker magnet
    red/yel wire is tap for my powered sub. which is gone now. yes, sub worked fine

Quote Originally Posted by N*Caddy View Post
    The same goes for the front speakers only that if BOSE equipped not only that you have individual amps for each, but also enclosure.
    But I mean if you separate the driver from that amp enclosure it's encased in, is there an Infinity driver you can put in its place, or is the front door one a non-standard size (I see the rears are 6x9s)?

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post
    But I mean if you separate the driver from that amp enclosure it's encased in, is there an Infinity driver you can put in its place, or is the front door one a non-standard size (I see the rears are 6x9s)?
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...p-nominal.html

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 96 STS, 140k
    I know Bose likes their tuned port enclosure design. Or folded horn or whatever. Still not sure if swapping in a different 4" speaker and using orig enclosure will make sound better? Sure, if old speaker is damaged it might help. Will replacing a good Bose with an aftermarket speaker make any diff?

My fronts sound alot better with the Infinities than the Bose. Louder and more clear, better highs with the tweeter enabled on them.

Quote Originally Posted by vincentm View Post
    My fronts sound alot better with the Infinities than the Bose. Louder and more clear, better highs with the tweeter enabled on them.
    Eh, I may try it at a later time. I confirmed my suspicions today about the somewhat disappointing sound on my '92. The speakers are all perfectly fine, but the problem is that some idiot Delco engineer decided to include Dolby B NR with NO ability to defeat the noise reduction. I always suspected that this was the case based on the telltale "warble" of clarity in some passages of music with the cassette adapter, but for some reason I didn't actually notice until tonight the "DOLBY B NR" logo on the cassette door, most likely because I couldn't see it. Those factory Bose speakers do an admirable job for being tasked with so many frequencies in such a simple design, and I think with a proper input, they'd be fine.

So now my choices are to fab up a permanent line-in somehow or replace the HU with an aftermarket unit which I DO NOT want to do. A third option would be that if that if any of the subsequent years of Delco Bose Gold HUs had CD changer options (I'm rather certain '92 never did) I could swap in a later HU and hijack the CD changer input to add an AUX. Normally the Philips tape adapter sounds fantastic, but if you add Dolby NR it ruins it.

EDIT: From the looks of this old thread: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...nger-ipod.html

It would seem that '94 did have a CD changer, but I sure can't find any information about it or the product they're talking about.

Warspite is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1962 coupe (selling), 1995 Seville SLS, 1966 Sedan DeVille

I had that Delco Bose Gold HU in my '95 - and it did NOT have a changer option (single CD player in the HU). Oddly, it did NOT have external amps, and the speakers were 10 Ohm. I replaced the entire system, with a JVC head unit, remote tuner bypass harness, and Rockford Fosgate speakers all around.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.