Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: refrigerant very low

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2

    refrigerant very low

    I have a 92 Seville that displays "Very Low Refrigerant, AC Compressor Off". The low pressure switch is closed but the compressor will not run. What do I need to do to get the compressor to run?
    Todd


  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Bucks County, Pa
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,805

    Re: refrigerant very low

    Quote Originally Posted by douthit
    I have a 92 Seville that displays "Very Low Refrigerant, AC Compressor Off". The low pressure switch is closed but the compressor will not run. What do I need to do to get the compressor to run?
    Todd
    Hey todd

    WELCOME to the forums. Thanks for signing up. Do you know if you still are running the old ac system in that car or did it get swithced over.

    My take on ac units. That is a garages job. I just won't deal with it. Hopefully others will see this post and let you know if it can be fiexed.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2

    Re: refrigerant very low

    Old system R-12. I am mechanicially inclined and can fix the system if I can just get the compressor to run.
    Quote Originally Posted by JJhomer83
    Hey todd

    WELCOME to the forums. Thanks for signing up. Do you know if you still are running the old ac system in that car or did it get swithced over.

    My take on ac units. That is a garages job. I just won't deal with it. Hopefully others will see this post and let you know if it can be fiexed.

  5. #4
    ipncjh1's Avatar
    ipncjh1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Vsport Platnium
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lucas Texas USA
    Posts
    56

    Re: refrigerant very low

    Todd,
    You will have to disconnect the battery for a few minutes to reset the Very Low Refrig code. Then the compressor will run.


    Quote Originally Posted by douthit
    I have a 92 Seville that displays "Very Low Refrigerant, AC Compressor Off". The low pressure switch is closed but the compressor will not run. What do I need to do to get the compressor to run?
    Todd

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2

    Re: refrigerant very low

    Quote Originally Posted by ipncjh1
    Todd,
    You will have to disconnect the battery for a few minutes to reset the Very Low Refrig code. Then the compressor will run.
    BE CAREFUL! if you do that, the compressor will run again, but it will probably burn up. I did it, so I learned this the hard way... about $1300 worth. If you have the a/c system changed over to the new juice, make sure they know what they are doing. they have to add lubricant to the freon or the compressor will burn up. if they didn't add it, you will get that message. it has freon, but it doesn't have lubricant, and if you keep resetting it with the battery disconnect, it will burn up the second or third time you do that.


Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum