Want to upgrade sound - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Want to upgrade sound in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Jack, just got your PM... Since you blocked me ( ), I can't respond, so I'll do it here. Not ...
    MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Jack, just got your PM... Since you blocked me ( ), I can't respond, so I'll do it here.

Not sure what inaccurate information I've posted, but I don't have to be a moderator to respond to any post I choose to, whenever I choose to. I'm not sure if you can see this reply, but maybe someone can tell you not to worry, you don't have to get the moderators involved. This will be my final post in one of your threads.

ctmoney219 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 Eldorado 1998 seville sts 1991 deville
    I had to use the security by pass harness with my seville but i used a regular on my eldorado takes forever but it works

JackFunTeach is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Eldorado ETC, 2001 Eldorado ESC Custom Project, and ...

Re: Want to upgrade sound

Quote Originally Posted by ctmoney219 View Post
    I had to use the security by pass harness with my seville but i used a regular on my eldorado takes forever but it works
    Thanks ctmoney, great info. Highly appreciated. I intend to do the same effort you have done, but I do not know about the Pioneer Avic 3, it's heavy lifting required at $2,000. I might have to budget for that one. lol.

Jack

U can get one on ebay for 300 $

U can get one on ebay for 300 $
    ctmoney, I just checked ebay, and there are several as you point out that are in my price range. Man, the retail market varies wildly.

I had to ask myself...Is it worth the extra cash? So, I explored this specific point. AND I remembered that I have a bud that actually has an AVIC Sytem so I asked him if I could come over and listen to his system. Clearly the sound that he had was is on a way, way different level of clean, clean sound. He ONLY did an upgrade of his stock speakers, and I found the sound to be excellent. He pointed out that the Avic is producing such good clean RMS that he did not need an additional amplifier. With out doubt, it's clean, but I discovered that I want a sub woofer as well. I like base. So, now my equipment consists of a 400 max Mosfet sub amp matched with a 500 watt Polk Audio Sub Woofer (to be placed in the trunk.) 6 x 4 front infinity, and 6 by 9 Polks in the rear. Now that I've heard the AVIC system, I've got to get that double din system. Thanks to you, CTMONEY, I found a great system on eBay, but I never bought a used system on eBay. Not everyone is respectable, so I just don't know if I can trust someone to sell a perfectly working head unit. Since my budget is quickly dwindling, I may not have a choice. I may just have to cross my fingers and take a chance. Updates to follow. CTMONEY, did you do the install your entire system yourself or did you have a pro shop do it?

Jack

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 STS
    A little sub bass is good

Ebay offers buyer protection if u report faulty equipment u will be refunded the shop out here wants a 600 dollar deposit with no guarantee of hook up they got a big eff u i bought all the wiring from there tho and did it my self

Ebay offers buyer protection if u report faulty equipment u will be refunded the shop out here wants a 600 dollar deposit with no guarantee of hook up they got a big eff u i bought all the wiring from there tho and did it my self
    I am no wiring genius, but I have been quoted the same big, big dollar quotes to have a "pro" install. Get this...I teach high school mathematics. One kid, I tried and tried to get him to "turn the corner," but he said, "Teach...I don't got no need for math...I'm going in the trades..." Well, I failed to help this kid, but I tried. He dropped out of school in his third year as a 10th grader. The school didn't like it that he was only there to pursue 14 and 15 year old freshman girls while he was 19 years old. Well, this same kid was the "technician" that comes out front to quote me a price of a "professional" install. He was happy to see me, and said, "Mr. K...I'm gonna hook you up! We usually charge five hun red. But youze gonna get the special price of only 400 hun red cuz you knows me." Well, I said, Thank You...nice to see you, but I'm gonna learn how to do it myself.

Now with that being said, I am definitely doing it by myself! And when I shopped to buy the exactly right integration module, I found 3 different versions for our specific car, one made by Scocshe, another by Metrac, and then, the most expensive this one:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/CAR-RADIO-ST...31050462550%26

I spoke to a real technician that has done several Cadillac many, many times over his 20 plus years of experience. He intelligently and objectively explained why the other integration units are incomplete and ineffective. Hence, I got the full blown set up. This Real Technician kindly explained how we will need an antennae adapter, and of course the single din or double din unit. So, now with these specific details based on your actual experience and this technician, I am comfortable with completely removing the stock HU.

I ended up buying a single din Jensen that has the 7 inch screen that flips out. Great deal via ebay, and you again your info was accurate and relevant with regard to eBay Protection. So, I ended up with a top of the line unit for reasonable coin.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Pics to follow after I install everything.

Jack
    70eldo likes this.

Your in for an all day deal good luck brother

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

To OP in response to your PM:
    I am the very wrong person to ask about aftermarket stuff, I strive to keep the car as original as possible (I am talking up to the last washer). Every car I have seen with aftermarket anything (including sound system) was not really factory quality.
    In your case (base vehicle) unfortunately you can't add InDash CD but you can easily add a 12 Disk CD changer (the vehicle is pre-wired form factory), all you need is a very inexpensive CD OEM CD changer and a bracket. That's it no cables no adapters, is truly plug and play and designed to be controlled from the HU (including steering wheel buttons).
    I use to have base sound system in my car too and I went to a huge expense and time to piece all the parts required for the BOSE sound system: harnesses, relays, speakers, RIM, amplifiers and so on. I also added an AUX input that allows me to connect anything to the sound system from LP player to iPod and whatever gadgets they came up with. I am more than happy with the sound quality of the BOSE system, in fact the base sound system is pretty good too.

Hope this helps you.

P.S. Please ensure you have space in your inbox when sending PMs, it takes time to read and reply only to have the message rejected. It happen very often to me and it becomes frustrating sometimes.

N*Caddy,
    Thanks for getting back to me. In my Collector"s Edition, I am staying pure, pure stock.

In my ESC, I'm going hog wild on every modification I want. The ESC will be my daily commuter and hence I want high miles and smiles out that ride. I agree the Bose Sound is nicely put together, and has fairly balanced sound. If I had that on my ESC, I would not be going this way.

But now that I have found a tried and tested integration module, I am going for the full blown 7 inch double din, i.e., blue tooth, back up camera, and tons of stuff. As an aside, I have even updated the wheels to 18 inch Pinnicle Mantis Chrome, and the sound/video system will make it a big comfortable ride. My goal was to get a vehicle could reliable and comfortably go from Massachusetts to Montreal , or even California. I have my ESC nicely tuned and the suspension is now perfect with the all new parts, bushings and hubs.

After I finish the Cadillac, I am going to upgrade the sound in the F150, next.

Details to follow.

And re: Inbox jam. Sorry about that. As soon as I got the notice, I stopped what I was doing, and deleted 90 percent of my old messages.

Thanks
    Jack

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.