94 Seville STS Export Version & Remote Keyless Entry
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 94 Seville STS Export Version & Remote Keyless Entry in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    Flat60 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1960 Sedan de Ville / 2011 CTS 3.6 Sport Wagon

Question 94 Seville STS Export Version & Remote Keyless Entry

I need some help with my “new” 94 Seville STS. When I bought the car it came without any remote controls, but the seller told me that it would be easy to get those. So I walked to a Cadillac dealer here in Germany to order one. After checking my VIN he mentioned that my car came without remote keyless entry. Huh?

The seller contacted his dealer and they said that it would not work with the original controls due to different frequencies (since the car was originally delivered over here it is a European version), but that in 94 RKE was standard on a Seville STS. I should simply make sure that I get a European remote. Still having in mind what MY dealer told me I checked the option codes in the trunk: http://www.diner59.de/seville/options.jpg.

The one thing that made me nervous is code T2R. The RPO master list says:
    T2R 25650 P LOCK CONTROL REMOTE FREQUENCY - DELETE 980619 E 4 E A

I can not imagine that they managed to permanently delete a frequency inside my car - but: Does it mean that the transmitter has somehow been disabled? Or - that there is no receiver at all?

Then I checked if I can start the programming procedure for a remote control. I found the black cable next to my trunk pulldown unit and when I connect it to the ground my door locks close and open. I tried if there is a reaction to a remote from a 93 Fleetwood 60 Special which has the same part number as my #2 control – no effect. Maybe because the Fleetwood (that came from Texas) has US remotes frequencies? Or do I necessary need a #1 control to start the programming?

Someone else told me to check if there is a door lock control unit in the trunk at all. As far as I found out it should be on the upper left corner. Well, there is a module labelled “CONTROL MODULE – DOOR LOCK”. Is this what I should be looking for?
    http://www.diner59.de/seville/trunk.jpg
    http://www.diner59.de/seville/module.jpg

Here’s my question: Do I have remote keyless entry on board or not? And in case that I am missing important parts, how can I install remote keyless entry for the doors and the trunk?

Thanks a lot for any ideas,

Marcus
    Düsseldorf/Germany
    94 Seville STS
    60 Sedan de Ville Flattop

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dm1
    dm1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 STS

Re: 94 Seville STS Export Version & Remote Keyless Entry

Hi Marcus,

I am asking myself the same questions. I have a Euro-version 1997 STS.
    Do you have a solution so far?

Please e-mail me at daniel.milla@concreda.at (in german)

Thanks,

Daniel

Flat60 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1960 Sedan de Ville / 2011 CTS 3.6 Sport Wagon

Nope, there is no solution so far. And the more I talk to Cadillac service people here in Germany the more I understand why this great brand has never been too successful here. But this is another story.

It looks like my control unit is missing the antenna. I can feel a round hole, about half an inch wide, that has been covered with duct tape on the lower left side of this unit: http://www.diner59.de/seville/module.jpg.

Is this where the antenna should be? Does anyone know what the antenna looks like that comes out of the control unit?

It may sound weird, but I try to keep cars as original as possible and I would prefer to retrofit the original solution rather than using aftermarket parts.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Marcus

LittleNo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS

It may sound weird, but I try to keep cars as original as possible and I would prefer to retrofit the original solution rather than using aftermarket parts.
    That doesn't sound weird! Cadillacs are great and nice cars - particularly in stock config

But in consideration of the "skills" of our Cadillac dealers here in Europe, i'd guess, theres no way to get the stock system running.

If it's interesting for anyone of you: i already installed the Waeco MT-350 remote control in a STS and it works fine.

TomFlag is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hello;

Did you found any solution for that remote problem.
    I have also same problem with my 97 seville.
    There is only one remote key what isnt original, door lock/unlock thats
    all. I check rfa data and its empty, I cant code original keys.
    Maybe there isnt connection from remote key unit or there isnt unit
    at all.

Regards;
    Tom
    FINLAND

Soutigo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Seville SLS 1996

Hey guys

Any solution or news in that matter? I'm going for a 1996 SLS Euro version with the same problem.

Thanks in advance.

Noel
    Switzerland

PontiacV8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS, Sold: 1997 Cadillac Seville STS (EXP)

Hello, I've got a 1997 Seville STS european export model...

...all these offical export cars till 1997 are delivered without the RKE system from the factory...and this feature couldn`t be ordered so far I know...from 98 up things are changed...

....for "putting in" the factory RKE-system in a 1997 Euro-STS I ordered here in Germany the US-specific RFA-module (remote function actuation) by a GM dealer, the GM-number for a 96 and 97 STS/SLS/Eldorado model is #09352690 (there is a connector and the place for it in the trunk), and get the two key fobs from ebay (GM # 16259819 and 16259829)

...after installing the RFA modul, my GM dealer programed the system/fobs with the Tech II, and it works all fine....! (with all: doors, trunk, gas)

...also auf Deutsch/for the german speaking members:

Da ich auch einen 97er "Europaexport" STS fahre (der mittlerweile fast komplett auf US-Modell rückgerüstet ist), und auch das Problem mit der "fehlenden" Keyless Entry Option hatte (und ich keine Aftermarket-Lösung wie Waeco usw. mag), habe ich bei meinem deutschen GM-Händler das RKE-Modul (das Empfangs-Modul) geordert und die beiden Keyfobs ("Fernbedienungen/Handsender") etwas günstiger bei ebay ersteigert, das Modul hinten in die dafür vorgesehene Aussparung (Stecker/Kabel liegen bereits) der Rückseite der Rücklehne eingesetzt (die "Bay", wo die Sicherungen und andere Module usw. sitzen, vom Kofferraum zugänglich), und das ganze via Händler Tech-II Gerätes programieren lassen...funktioniert tadelos...

...zumindest haut das für Modelljahrgang 96 und 97 hin, da dieses dort verbaute System so in der Art nur in den beiden Jahren verbaut wurde...die Teilenummern für das Modul und der Aufbau in der Bay an der Rücksitzlehne sind identisch....

...bei Modelljahr 1994 und 95 ist das etwas anders gelöst, aber auch hier gibts so eine Art Modul, und entsprechend zugehörige Handsender...und meines Wissens nach sind die Exportmodelle 94 und 95 auch quasi "vorgerüstet" ...das sollte sich auch quasi plug and play nachrüsten lassen...nur eben etwas andere "Unterbringungsorte" und Teilenummern....problematischer ist wohl der Jahrgang 92 (und eventuell 93)...weil wieder ein anderes System...

...ich hab mal Bilder für die 96/97er hochgeladen....aber irgendwo hier im Forum wurde das bzw. ähnliches auch schonmal gepostet...

Modul:

Rückseite Rückbank Kofferraum/Bay (in die Aussparung gehörts rein...Anschlussstecker ist auch zu sehen...die beiden "silbernen Streifen" ist übrigens die "Antenne" für die 96/97er Module...als beim einfädeln nicht zerreissen... )

Gruß aus dem Nord-Westen Germanys

Hi PontiacV8

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply. This really answers my question. So it seems that I have to get one of these RFA too. How much did you pay for it if I may ask?

Is it true that the Daylight and Curve Light Options aren't installed neither in the export versions?

Thanks und beste Grüsse aus der Schweiz :-)

Noël

Quote Originally Posted by Soutigo View Post
    How much did you pay for it if I may ask?

Is it true that the Daylight and Curve Light Options aren't installed neither in the export versions?
    ...oh, thats a good question...i can't find the old bill...but it wasn't cheap... ...if I remember correctly, it was something around 150? or 190 euro for the (new) rfa module, and for a used good pair key fobs from ebay around 50 dollar...(you can sometimes also find a used rfa module on ebay)

...an yes, cornerlamps with sidemarker (and drl) wasn't available for export sevilles...(btw...scandinavian exports got a special kind of a drl-system, but that was a specific system, different from what is/was used on us/canada market sevilles)
    ...the exports got specific electrical lamp-harness, "E"-Sign/marked (H4)headlights, taillights, amber turnsignals, bulbs, a clear dummy cornerlamp-housing, turnsignal/repeaterlamps on frontfender, E-marked seatbelts, glass etc. etc...

...an yes, cornerlamps with sidemarker (and drl) wasn't available for export sevilles...(btw...scandinavian exports got a special kind of a drl-system, but that was a specific system, different from what is/was used on us/canada market sevilles)
    ...the exports got specific electrical lamp-harness, "E"-Sign/marked (H4)headlights, taillights, amber turnsignals, bulbs, a clear dummy cornerlamp-housing, turnsignal/repeaterlamps on frontfender, E-marked seatbelts, glass etc. etc...
    Thanks, though that sounds awful, all the good stuff has been taken away. You said that you retrofitted some parts back to original. What did you do? Where did you get the parts? Rockauto?

Thanks in advance!

np

...as you have seen...: "upgrade" to the us-spec keyless entry system...
    ...and I changed the complete headlamps, turnsignals, corner/sidemarker lamps/housing, all including the correct us-spec harness section (with the right connectors and bulb sockets), also complete taillamps with harness/sockets, and "upgraded" the autodim inside rearview mirror to a autodim part with a digital compass readout...
    ...I also "had" to change the fog lamps, because one of mine got a crack/glas chipped, and the E-marked export parts are discontinued

(...das ist zwar jetzt alles nicht mehr sehr "TÜV-konform", aber... )

...and for the front bumper, I kicked wide export license plate holder and put on the little us-bumper guards...

...by now, I think the car "looks" great again...I don't like the appearance of the export "conversion" very much...

...the drl is a problem (as it was introduced 96/97 in the us, at that time...itself, or the system how it was managed, wasn't legal in most european countries), because for export they "ripped out" some wire with the hole pins/contacts out of the engine compartment fusebox (a little to extensive to retrofit/make it work at the moment)...but I can live without it..

...most of the parts I got from ebay, only the clear front turnsignals and all bulbs are new, ordered at my german gm/cadillac dealer...

...rockauto is good for service- and many repair parts...but for "original" or "special" parts like lamps and so on you have to use other "sources"

greets

92_Seville_89 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 92 seville STS

Hello,

it´s great to hear about an succesfull (re-?)installation of the factory RKE!

and the problem with the bad GM Services here in Germany seems to be common

I think i am going to try the same installation on a 92 sts (export model)!
    i got an matching Key Fob on ebay and now found some factory RKE-modules for this year....
    i will report on the situation.

regards from Germany

Hi guys

Well, I have ordered an used RFA-Module on eBay for 21$ !. For those who are interested, they have apparently changed the parts number, which is why I had some trouble finding the module : #16183006 (in eBay, do a search in "title and description"). I've also ordered a pair of FOBs and I will let you know when the stuff has arrived and if it works. :-)

@Pontiac V8: now, with that ongoing, I am looking for changing the taillights and back turnsignals, the front turnsignals, and corner/sidemarker lamps/housing. What's the difference between the export headlights/harness and the original? Do you have some pictures of your mods? If possible, I would like to keep the headlights.
    Do I have to change the inner taillights or are the outer taillights sufficient? Is all the wiring plug and play?

Vielen Dank schon mal!

@Soutigo

Hi Noël...ouu... ...I think, to translate all this into english (written form) is a little to difficult for me (it's a little to much stuff)

...I saw you are German-speaking...in german it will be easier.. (das Thema übersteigt insofern dann doch ein wenig meine schriftlichen English-Kenntnisse/Fähigkeiten... )

...do you use icq? ...maybe we should something like that....the pm-system still won't work for me here....only the visitor message system in the user profile...

...but yes, you have to change (or you should change) the inner taillights...because the export ones use a different "styling" ....the wiring is "halfway pnp"....but there are also some wiring, soldering and crimping mods to do...and you will need some other/new bulbsockets....
    ...you can keep your european headlights...initially I have done the same (but I had to mod the export headlamp harness with replacing and inserting the additional and different bulb sockets )

Greets

Hi Pontiac

Sure, in German it would be much easier

You can send an e-mail to cadillaclights@trash-mail.com. We then can exchance the e-mail adresses, since I prefer not to publish it in a open forum (

Thanks in advance!

Greets

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.