94 Seville STS Export Version & Remote Keyless Entry - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 94 Seville STS Export Version & Remote Keyless Entry in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; "You've got mail" ...you're right, that's the better way......
    PontiacV8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS, Sold: 1997 Cadillac Seville STS (EXP)

Re: 94 Seville STS Export Version & Remote Keyless Entry

"You've got mail"

...you're right, that's the better way...

Soutigo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Seville SLS 1996

Hi guys

Well, I've received the RFA Module that I've found on eBay and the two FOBs and installed the module yesterday. It was more work than I thought because the tray for the module is not directly accessable from the trunk side in the 96 SLS version. It is on the opposite side of the "wall" as shown on the picture by PontiacV8 and I had to remove all bolts for loosening the partition. Somehow it was still stuck on the base and I had to thread the module from the top. Some sweating, swearing and many bumps later, I managed to fix the module in its bay and I was even able to connect it thanks to my tactile sense But it works now!

Btw, the antenna foils are missing in my car too. I haven't tested the range yet.

Happy trunk-crawling!

koshisan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93er Seville STS Northstar

I tried to install the module today in my 93er STS - but unfortunately i cant find the corresponding connector. Is it possible, that the connector is missing on my car?

Quote Originally Posted by koshisan View Post
    I tried to install the module today in my 93er STS - but unfortunately i cant find the corresponding connector. Is it possible, that the connector is missing on my car?
    hmm, I don't know about the 93 version...I know that some versions have the module somewhere hidden in the glove department...

french-jeremy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Seville STS '95

Hello,

I'am French and i have the same problem with my '95 Seville STS with Northstar Engine.

I have bought 2 Remote keyless entry on Ebay, but don't work.

I think i have not the RFA !?

Do you know the parts number on '95 models ?

When i open the car, with the key at the driver door lock, that's open just the driver door, is it normal ?

Thank you.

Bye.

Hi Jeremy

Is the shown module the one found in your trunk? Do you have another picture? I am not sure if that is the right module, since on mine it says "Remote Function Actuation Module". But maybe the naming has changed in those 2 years. I have found the following no. for a keyless module on ebay: 16214819 (search in ebay for this number and compare your module). Search around a bit in this forum, maybe you'll find some more about your model year...

Check your two remotes with those on this site:

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/cad94rke.html

You need both fob's. There's a manual how to program it on that site too. Unfortunately, it is more complicated than for the 96 model. You need to do some minor mechanical work.

And yes, this is normal (for this car, not for us Europeans ;-) ) I was confused at first too. You need to turn your key twice or hold it turned for 1-2 seconds to open all doors...(check your manual... :-) )

Have fun!

PontiacV8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS, Sold: 1997 Cadillac Seville STS (EXP)

Part number 16214819 has been changed to 16215659 and this changed to 88964942, but this is module is called: MODULE,THEFT DTRNT(PASS KEY SYS)....it's a Theft Deterrent Module!

94 and 95 Seville don't use a separate "RFA-Module" like the 96 and 97, they use a "combination"-module 16223632 (Module Remote Control Door Lock) for the remote function and door lock control...
    ...the 94/95 export cars don't have a remote control function and so they use another module, door lock control module 16215399, instead (which is like the 16223632, but with remote function delete)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=160380131466&
    (the description is a little inaccurate, but this is a 94/95 module)

Part Number 63 is the Control Module, which must changed, and Part 61 is the Theft Deterrent Module...

centaur is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Past:94,95,97,98,99 STSs, Now: 2001 STS (W-rated)

One thing that I find strange is all the instructions and manuals stating that you need "both FOBs in order to program the RKE system". This is simply not true, if all you have, find or want is one FOB, you can program just one. I've done this in dozens of GM vehicles now with no problems.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.