help changing the headlight housing unit
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, help changing the headlight housing unit in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I can't change the housing unit for my headlight can anyone please walk me thru it I have a 99 ...
    cadigirl88 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Seville

help changing the headlight housing unit

I can't change the housing unit for my headlight can anyone please walk me thru it I have a 99 Cadillac Seville

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: help changing the headlight housing unit

Welcome !!!

Remove the top radiator sight shield - the 6 plastic retainers have a center pin - lift it out and the rest of the "rivet" pulls out. Each headlamp assembly is held in by 2 10mm bolts - one long, one short - in the inner side. Remove them, and they may be hard to pull (corrosion). Slide a rag under the assembly, between it and the bumper cover. Now ease the inner end of the assembly out a bit and work the outside end ball stud out of its socket - another tight problem. The bulb sockets lock in only one way - a 1/4 turn twist and out they come. The bulb connectors have safety locks that must be held/tripped to remove the bulb. Replace ALL the bulbs.

When you replace the assembly, use a tad of anti-seize on the ball socket and bolt threads - easier removal next time.

I'm going to move this up to Seville - LOTS more attention given there .......... automatic redirect for a couple of days so you can get your bearings on where the thread went ............

cadigirl88 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Seville

will a 2000 headlight housing unit fit on a 99 STS

Will the housing nit from a 2000 Cadillac Seville fit on a 99??

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)

Yes it will. '98-'04 are interchangeable, however, HIDs became an option in '01, so a standard bulb will not fit.

Re: will a 2000 headlight housing unit fit on a 99 STS

My 2002.5 is non-HID and a good ol' 9006 bulb fits the projector low beam lens socket....... so she would need to know whether or not the replacement assembly was HID or non- .

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Easy to tell with detailed pictures or in person. Looking at the assembly from the front, the bulb type is embossed in the plastic over the projector. D1S in the case of an HID assembly.

Re: will a 2000 headlight housing unit fit on a 99 STS

She already started a thread on this and I moved it up to Seville yesterday - same line of questioning, including removal/install of the assembly.

This is really not a "detailing" thread ......

cadigirl88, I'm going to move this into your original headlight assembly question and merge the threads - that way all your work, start to finish, will be in the same place in the Seville forum.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.