98 eldorado strange noise on hard acceleration
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 98 eldorado strange noise on hard acceleration in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So my 98 has a weird issue. From a dead stop of you accelerate hard is sounds as though the ...
    fivepointohman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 Eldorado ( previously 96 SLS )

98 eldorado strange noise on hard acceleration

So my 98 has a weird issue. From a dead stop of you accelerate hard is sounds as though the engine is touching the firewall like a metal to metal vibration. Its goes away as soon at the car reaches 10mph or more. It has new dog bones could it be motor mounts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

Re: 98 eldorado strange noise on hard acceleration

The dog bones should prevent that, but it wouldn't hurt to check the mounts.

OK I will have to check. I know the passenger side mount is soaked in oil. Funny the car doesn't leak any or maybe it did at one point in its life.

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Is the catalytic converter (actually the first 5 inches of the exhaust behind the cat) hitting the under body cross brace (one of the 2 you have in that area).
    The rear of the cat (and that area of the exhaust) is held in place with 2 rubber "O" rings (you will see them as soon as you get underneath the car).
    In time the "O" rings sag and so do the exhaust. If you can't easily slide your finger between the topside of the cross brace and the bottom side of the exhaust then you know the clearance is too small (exhaust too low). In fact grab the exhaust and shake it, you will see it will hit.
    Do not replace the "O" rings with nothing but OEM, aftermarket ones (significantly less money) will snap either during the replacement or in the next 10 miles after.

I will check that out!

Mafiaman111 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Eldorado 171000 miles Black on Black

Yeah what N*Caddy said my 98 did the same exact thing

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.