Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1982 Seville 2-Door (Coach Convertible Paris)

7K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  smokuspollutus 
#1 ·
I just came into possession of a caddilac seville 2 door convertible. I did some research and learned that cadillac did not make convertibles in this year from the factory and that this car was custom built probably by American Custom Coachworks. The car needs some work as it has been sitting for 20 years. I am just wondering if anyone else owns a car like this and what it could potentially be worth on a restore. Aparently there were only 80 sevilles for that year done like this from what I understand and I don't know how many survived. I can find no one else with a picture of this car. If anyone knows anything more about these cars I would be interested in hearing about it.

#2 ·
Re: 1982 Cadillac Seville 2-Door (Coach Convertible Paris)

Well how about we get some pics?? :) Sounds like a pretty unique ride so lets see her! :thumbsup:

:welcome:

#5 ·
Whoa, that thing looks to be in rough shape, I would have to be in LOVE with it to put that kind of time, money, and effort into it.

#10 ·
orconn said:
It will cost a lot more to bring that car back into shape than it will ever be worth!
Back into shape? More like back from the dead. It sure is a rare one, I'll give it that. I recall seeing a couple but that's it. That car is probably best kept a fond memory.

If you really plan to put it back together, parts are going to be a serious challenge to source. You'll need all the help you can get.

#11 ·
Engine and Tranny were sent out last week to get worked over. Should have it running by the end of the month. Sanding has begun and priming. More pictures to come.

----------

if anyone has a 82 seville hood they want to get rid of let me know especially if your in Pennsylvania. Or if you know anyone with this Paris version by American Custom Coachworks. Nothing is rusted through but the hood is eating my sand paper like crazy what grit should I use. Or maybe cheaper to get new hood?

#12 ·
kcm11 said:
Engine and Tranny were sent out last week to get worked over. Should have it running by the end of the month. Sanding has begun and priming. More pictures to come. ---------- if anyone has a 82 seville hood they want to get rid of let me know especially if your in Pennsylvania. Or if you know anyone with this Paris version by American Custom Coachworks. Nothing is rusted through but the hood is eating my sand paper like crazy what grit should I use. Or maybe cheaper to get new hood?
ACC probably made 12 of those.

Good luck with the challenge, that will be very unique.

#13 ·
I think I saw this very car posted on Ebay or Craigslist a while back. From what I gather about these conversions, the only thing custom is the sheet metal where they removed the back seating area, and framing, exhaust, etc. Hood looks like a standard Seville, indicating the mechanical may be 100% stock. Should be a head-turner when done!

#14 ·
Yeah your exactly right everything is mostly the same except quarter panels backseat etc. The carpet is red swag pretty unusual. It will be running in a month I should have this sanded and primer ed in a month will post more pics. I wish I could have seen that one on ebay.

----------

I meant red shag

#15 ·
Swag works just fine, that car is Swag on wheels.

That's going to be one awesome car when you are done.

#16 ·
Adding some new photos of the progress coming along nice. Found a parts car with awesome body and interior basically pealing it off tthat car and putting it on mine. Pictures im uploading include parts car, new gas tank, old engine with cracked block, new engine, body from parts car put on convertible! Just need to do the back, put in new interior. Car is running.

Attachments

#23 ·
First thing I noticed was the rear bumper filler is painted incorrectly. The dark brown lower half the very end tip of the filler should be dark brown. First thing I noticed in the Tom Cruise "American Made" movie of the two tone Seville he drove. The rear bumper filler was painted wrong.

Here's a nice modified Seville. Only problem is the Hook and Tow 4100.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.