Anyone have an in-console car phone?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Anyone have an in-console car phone? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; After noticing an extra plug in my trunk, I've learned that there was an available car phone offered for my ...
    Seamaster_007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS

Anyone have an in-console car phone?

After noticing an extra plug in my trunk, I've learned that there was an available car phone offered for my '97 STS. I did some searching via this site, and apparently there should be an extra plug also beneath the center console insert.

I know the phone will be absolutely useless as everything has gone the way of digital a few years back, but, well, I think just having one in the console is cool enough!

Anyone have one they'd be willing to sell, or perhaps know where one is available?

Also, images of such phone are rather scarce, can anyone say if the console insert is different from the no-phone console insert?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pdccllp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 eldorado

Re: Anyone have an in-console car phone?

Not sure what an in-console car phone is, but I do have a car phone, My Eldorado look like it has a mounting bracket on the right side of the console, was thinking I might try and mount for show, anyway I had trouble uploading pics maybe tomorrow, can you clarify what a in-console car phone is

Seamaster_007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by pdccllp View Post
    Not sure what an in-console car phone is, but I do have a car phone, My Eldorado look like it has a mounting bracket on the right side of the console, was thinking I might try and mount for show, anyway I had trouble uploading pics maybe tomorrow, can you clarify what a in-console car phone is
    By in-console car phone, I meant the phone was stored and plugged into the storage compartment underneath the center arm rest (between the two seats). I've actually found one photo so far.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

It was just like the old Motorola "bag phones" in the analog cell systems. Powerful, trouble free, and heavy as lead. Looked like a small black briefcase. I had one for years and it worked well up to 20 miles off the east coast when doing boat deliveries.

FWIW, They don't work now and can't be converted to "digital".

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    I have one of those in a closet at home. HEAVY. also have an aftermarket "car phone" setup that I removed from my '89 Custom Cruiser.

There was a factory phone in a Seville at the salvage yard I go to not too long ago. I was going to take it, but the handset and console mount were damaged.

pdccllp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 eldorado

Thanks for clarifying and pic. the phone i have has a side of the center console mounting bracket although I guess it could mount in the center armrest. CarPhone.jpg I think this is what you are looking for, mine looks about the same size, I was going to throw it out now I'm interested again

pictchic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Seville 1994 STS
    I saw one recently at the wreckers in Brandon. It was mounted the way pdcclip described his. Didnt really pay much attention to the condition of it as was searching for something else. Think it was inside a 93 Eldorado though. Sounds kinda cool! Especially if it were still 1990 lol. For me my cell does the job.

01ssreda4 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 99 STS VIN 9

My car had one. Got sick of it taking up so much room so I removed it. I was gonna mount it on the wall as a keepsake but i think I threw it in the bushes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.