Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, '81 Biarritz - release thrown door latch ? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I washed my '81 Biarritz today and as I was wiping down the inside of the door itself I accidentally ...
- 10-03-13 08:17 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2006
'81 Biarritz - release thrown door latch ?
I washed my '81 Biarritz today and as I was wiping down the inside of the door itself I accidentally threw the sort of U shaped latch. For the life of me I cannot figure how to get this to release again. The door will not close with this latch in the upright position. I am sure it is a simple fix, but I cannot figure out.
- 10-03-13 08:26 PM #2Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
- Automobile(s): 91 ETC, 91 STS, 98 Eldo Convertable, '93 Seville
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
- DHS/Palm Springs, CA
Hold the door handle in the open position and pull it open with a screwdriver.
- 10-03-13 08:36 PM #3
Re: '81 Biarritz - release thrown door latch ?
That did the trick. I knew had to be something simple. Thanks Hunter!!
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- Power Service Products Diesel Fuel Supplement +Cetane Boost - Diesel Fuel Treatment
Diesel Fuel Treatment - 1:400 Treatment Ratio; Treats Up To 250 Gallons; 80 Oz.
- Lucas Oil Products - Oil Stabilizer
Oil Stabilizer - Heavy Duty; 32 Oz.
- Reese Towpower - Trailer Hitch Ball
Trailer Hitch Ball - Interchangeable Chrome Hitch Ball System, 1-7/8 Inch, 2 Inch, and 2-5/16 Inch Hitch Ball Diameters