Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Vroom Vroom... 2001 STS, CORSA, Dyno run

27K views 121 replies 24 participants last post by  Byrdman 
#1 ·
#31 ·
Re: Vroom Vroom...

........... was. Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus. 6'3" clown curled into a gasoline-powered car (hard top) no bigger than a dining room chair.

Saw his act several times when I was a kid - we used to ride the streetcar over to NE New York Avenue and "help" set up the circus by hauling water to elephants and other animals as well as spreading sawdust on the Midway path. We got free Big Top tickets in exchange.

#33 ·
To whoever's interested:

The 14150 Seville system is always listed as '99-'04 only. I've seen members ask why several times. I found out. The pipe coming out of the cat on '98's is a different diameter. The system will still work, but an "adapter" would have to be welded on.

#34 ·
I HATE FEDEX!!!

Thursday - A note on the door, they attempted delivery. "Oh, must be the control arms from Chris. I'll be home all day tomorrow."

Friday - Nothing. I call FEDEX, give the woman the door tag number. The number is incorrect... Ok. I wait for her to figure out where the packages are.

- "The driver made a second delivery attempt today"

- "No, he didn't. I've been home all day, nobody rang the bell or knocked, and there's no second door tag. Can I just come pick it up today?"

- "Yes."

She gives me a reference number, address, and business hours.

- "They'll call you when it's ready for pickup TOMORROW." -_-

Saturday - No phone call.

Today - This morningI called the place it was supposed to be delivered to and tell them I was told I would get a phone call yesterday, but didn't.

- "Well if you didn't get a phone call, it's not here"

I explained the situation, she went and checked...

- "Yes, there's two packages here."

So why is this in this thread? I drove there tonight, the place is near Copley Square... extremely busy and NO parking. I find a food truck parking area a block and a half away... "The hell with it". I walk to the store, give her my ID, and she walks out to the counter with two MUCH bigger boxes than what I was expecting from Chris. Yeah, it was the Corsa. Granted, the boxes aren't THAT heavy, but they're awkward, and more than I wanted to lug all the way back to the car. They let me borrow a little 2 wheeler. 2 trips back and forth, my cardio for the day.

#37 ·
They showed up in rental truck to my friends house where I have some things delivered and baby sitter wouldn't open the door. I made a point of telling them they were idiots for doing that. She said the guy was creepy looking and he was Dorking around in back of van. That cost me 3 days of no parts since it was a Friday.

#40 ·

I, and friends of mine, have had real problems with UPS breaking properly and well packed items shipped with them and then giving us the runaround trying to avoid paying the legitimate insurance claim. We had to use special influence that we had in their legal department to recover our insured losses with them.

To be honest I have had much better luck shipping with USPS than with UPS.

#43 ·

For the flip side of the UPS/FedEx thing, living in a semi-rural good ol' boy region has its advantages - packages, large or small, signed for or not, are left on the covered front porch any time, any day. Engine parts like crankshafts and iron cylinder heads (2 in one crate) can be difficult, but I have a 2-wheel dolly. The 4 drivers have been the same for 10 years, and each gets an envelope on the porch around Christmas - same as the rural route postman.

#48 · (Edited by Moderator)
Sorry for the delay! One of my fathers tennants had a problem with their stove, which is gas on gas, so also the heat for the apartment. I had to go fix it.

Sub, my peak numbers were a bit higher, but 16 was the number.

Stock:

213.1 HP @ 5,100 RPM
242.3 TQ @ 4,200 RPM

Corsa:

229.1 HP @ 5,100 RPM
249.6 TQ @ 4,650 RPM

They did 2 runs before and after, both times the second run was the better one.

+16 HP
+7.3 LB-FT of torque

It sounds REALLY good. It's quieter at lower RPMs than I was expecting. Drone is absolutely ZERO.

#50 · (Edited by Moderator)
I figured the $150 spent on the dyno was worth knowing once and for all what the system could do. I wasn't expecting more than 5 or 6 at best.

It's also nice to see that my car still makes the same power as a much newer one. Any idea when Corsa dyno'd the system?

Edit:
Oh, never mind. I see it was done in '01 with an '00. Not bad for a 12 year old car that's just hit 90K :yup: .

#51 ·

Hard to believe that straight pipe with resonator/muffler casing wrapped/welded around it can sound that quiet most of the time and break your eardrums at WOT.

If you do a WOT through 1st to 2nd redline and flip your foot off the gas you'll hear the POP as the fuel injectors turn off during the forced deceleration.

#52 ·
Soooo from a happy ending to the usual BS I deal with. Took a ride earlier, went over a tiny hump in the road, and hear a loud,metallic slap against the road. I get out, look under, and the resonator is a few inches lower than it should be.....

I drive to my regular exhaust shop, we put it on the lift, and guess what... The mid pipe is on UPSIDE DOWN! Which means the whole system tapers down from the rear because the hanger bar on the mid section is on the top instead of the bottom (the hangers WERE attached, but were just being pushed upwards and not supporting any weight).

I took a few pictures, and immediately took it back to the shop that installed it. I showed him the picture, and he outright refused that he installed it wrong. I told him I was going to call Corsa. While I was on the phone, he walks back out of the shop, says "Aaron, you're right, I "F'd" up". He read the instructions that he still had, and saw that it was in fact upside down. He told me to pull it right onto the lift of the Meineke next door, and he'd fix it right away. I said fine, but we'd have to talk about replacing the resonator afterward. He said ok.

I stayed out front and watched for a while, then went into the waiting room for a few minutes. Then I hear a SAWZALL!!! I run out into the shop, and he's 3/4 the way through the pipe..... WARRANTY VOID!!!

He was apparently trying to get the system to sit further back.

I was ready to snap his neck, but kept calm. I asked what we were going to do about the problem, and he just went off, yelling, swearing, insulting me.....

I told him to bolt everything back on, and get it off the lift. Once it was off, I inspected it. The tips are all scratched up on both sides. What a complete disaster...

Long story short, I'm taking them to small claims court for the price of a new system.

Why didn't I notice the upside down pipe in the first place? Because I couldn't go into the shop for insurance purposes, and they only let me peek briefly when it was done. I talked to 3 different shops about exactly what I wanted done, and exactly how I wanted it done, before deciding on this one. They assured me it would be done to my standards. As usual for me, SO MUCH FOR THAT!

#53 ·

I still have the install sheets for my system. If a shop could not follow the simple instructions and do it correctly, they NEED to be hauled into small claims - but $1,000 + labor is not "small".

I would be ummm...... angry. Ask the installer if he read the yellow paragraph on the first page ...........

http://www.corsaperformance.com/media/pdf/14150/INS5011.pdf

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.