Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Vroom Vroom... 2001 STS, CORSA, Dyno run

27K views 121 replies 24 participants last post by  Byrdman 
#1 ·
#7 · (Edited)
Re: Vroom Vroom...

I got mine in '06. It was just under a grand then - shipped.

.......... and wait 'till you open the 2 boxes - makes the other stuff look like Taiwan junk.

Take your time and follow the instructions. Measure twice, cut once. Use a 4-point lift. Go way back in time and find my posts on how to keep the system from "walking" from side to side.

To paraphrase a pretty common TV ad: "You're gonna like the way you sound - I guarantee it !".

Reactions: JoeTahoe
#13 ·

Everything back to the tip clamps is hi-temp flat black. Way less obvious from the side (admittedly - if on your hands & knees). I did it AFTER several months, so the mandrel machine (shaping) oils could burn off.

Each muffler and the resonator has a weep hole at a low point - don't be dismayed if you see a few drips in the fall and spring.

You'll need to remove the after-cat O2 sensor - after you remove the wiring harness shield. Use STSM screws to replace the shield.

Find Joe Tahoe's Seville/CORSA pictures - way up on a body lift.

#14 · (Edited)

Let's face it those of us who still own and enjoy our old Sevilles and Eldorados value what the cars are and not just what someone tells us they are worth. Almost anything you do for your, now vintage, Cadillac will not be repaid at resale time, the value of the work you do or pay for on these cars is only repaid in the enjoyment that the use and ownership of these now unique personal luxury cars of the last two decades bring to us. Fortunately these cars were produced with good materials and engineering that even as they age they still make very presentable transportation ..... and for those of us who own them worth the cost of their maintenance.

These are not cheap "transportation" cars for the financially stressed. While attractive to many, their proper upkeep makes them a car that will quickly out run the "cheap used car" buyers out of resources. Fortunately for those who can afford the expense and are enamored with the attributes of these Cadillacs, they are many cars still in very good condition to be had for very little automotive money. But the rewards are not to be had in "investment" value, but rather in the enjoyment of a good performing, uniquely styled car.

#32 ·

Let's face those of us who still own and enjoy our old Sevilles and Eldorados value what the cars are and not just what someone tells us they are worth. Almost anything you do for your, now vintage, Cadillac will not be repaid at resale time, the value of the work you do or pay for on these cars is only repaid in the enjoyment that the use and ownership of these now unique personal luxury cars of the last two decades bring to us. Fortunately these cars were produced with good materials and engineering that even as they age they still make very presentable transportation ..... and for those of us who own them worth the cost of their maintenance.

These are not cheap "transportation" cars for the financially stressed. While attractive to many, their proper upkeep makes them a car that will quickly out run the "cheap used car" buyers out of resources. Fortunately for those who can afford the expense and are enamored with the attributes of these Cadillacs, they are many cars still in very good condition to be had for very little automotive money. But the rewards are not to be had in "investment" value, but rather in the enjoyment of a good performing, uniquely styled car.

Well said!

#17 ·

I know I have read that the repairs are relative to the original MSRP of the car, but wouldn't you say you get what you pay for? Outside of a HG repair/stud, what is really expensive to repair on this car that is not on another?
Active suspension (F45/F55) is outrageously expensive...

#19 ·

I paid $325 for a USED headlight assembly when I sent a bambi sailing back in 2010, not an HID one either....Dealer quoted me over $900 for a new one...Just for the part!

#22 · (Edited)

........ and we have wheels, wheel hubs, transmissions, torque converters, complicated seats, the chronic sunroof, hideously expensive triple-part paint jobs, a skrillion different sensors and control systems, URPA, EBTCM ......... none of which are close to "cheap".

Now go tack the names Porsche, Jaguar, Rolls Royce, Bugatti, Ferrari, Lamborghini Mercedes, etc., etc. in front of any of those parts. Hang on.

If you want to maintain a 2002 (?) $55,000 car as built you'll need deep pockets.

Gonna put aftermarket 24's on your Lambo ???

The bottom line is that the majority of Seville/Eldorado/Deville drivers in here - in here - could never afford to buy a new one (roughly equivalent model) ...... so the used ones get repaired (sort of). My opinion is that if you buy a DTS (Deville, not the phony), ETC, or STS (Seville) and then need to install less expensive non-original spec parts to keep it on the road then you no longer drive the car as built: You have created an illusion.

#23 ·
Understood but any car can have an expensive repair. Its also not like these things break all of the time. Depending on who says what the impression can be given that these cars are expensive to just use.

Also, I wouldnt put 24s on my Italian stallion. I would go bigger!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.