Vroom Vroom... 2001 STS, CORSA, Dyno run - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Vroom Vroom... 2001 STS, CORSA, Dyno run in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ........... was . Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus. 6'3" clown curled into a gasoline-powered car (hard top) no ...
    Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, install a sound system
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Vroom Vroom...

........... was. Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Circus. 6'3" clown curled into a gasoline-powered car (hard top) no bigger than a dining room chair.

Saw his act several times when I was a kid - we used to ride the streetcar over to NE New York Avenue and "help" set up the circus by hauling water to elephants and other animals as well as spreading sawdust on the Midway path. We got free Big Top tickets in exchange.

jammgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS, 1998 Eldorado ETC Crimson Pearl, Bose System

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    Let's face those of us who still own and enjoy our old Sevilles and Eldorados value what the cars are and not just what someone tells us they are worth. Almost anything you do for your, now vintage, Cadillac will not be repaid at resale time, the value of the work you do or pay for on these cars is only repaid in the enjoyment that the use and ownership of these now unique personal luxury cars of the last two decades bring to us. Fortunately these cars were produced with good materials and engineering that even as they age they still make very presentable transportation ..... and for those of us who own them worth the cost of their maintenance.

These are not cheap "transportation" cars for the financially stressed. While attractive to many, their proper upkeep makes them a car that will quickly out run the "cheap used car" buyers out of resources. Fortunately for those who can afford the expense and are enamored with the attributes of these Cadillacs, they are many cars still in very good condition to be had for very little automotive money. But the rewards are not to be had in "investment" value, but rather in the enjoyment of a good performing, uniquely styled car.

Well said!

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    To whoever's interested:

The 14150 Seville system is always listed as '99-'04 only. I've seen members ask why several times. I found out. The pipe coming out of the cat on '98's is a different diameter. The system will still work, but an "adapter" would have to be welded on.

I HATE FEDEX!!!

Thursday - A note on the door, they attempted delivery. "Oh, must be the control arms from Chris. I'll be home all day tomorrow."

Friday - Nothing. I call FEDEX, give the woman the door tag number. The number is incorrect... Ok. I wait for her to figure out where the packages are.

- "The driver made a second delivery attempt today"

- "No, he didn't. I've been home all day, nobody rang the bell or knocked, and there's no second door tag. Can I just come pick it up today?"

- "Yes."

She gives me a reference number, address, and business hours.

- "They'll call you when it's ready for pickup TOMORROW." -_-

Saturday - No phone call.

Today - This morningI called the place it was supposed to be delivered to and tell them I was told I would get a phone call yesterday, but didn't.

- "Well if you didn't get a phone call, it's not here"

I explained the situation, she went and checked...

- "Yes, there's two packages here."

So why is this in this thread? I drove there tonight, the place is near Copley Square... extremely busy and NO parking. I find a food truck parking area a block and a half away... "The hell with it". I walk to the store, give her my ID, and she walks out to the counter with two MUCH bigger boxes than what I was expecting from Chris. Yeah, it was the Corsa. Granted, the boxes aren't THAT heavy, but they're awkward, and more than I wanted to lug all the way back to the car. They let me borrow a little 2 wheeler. 2 trips back and forth, my cardio for the day.

rodnok01 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance
    You sound surprised that you hard issues..

Episode : Frustrating FedEx Fiasco Finally Finished....

Yes I'm bored. You're welcome

Nah, not surprised, venting. I had a problem when they delivered the brakes for my bike recently as well.

UPS FTW?

They showed up in rental truck to my friends house where I have some things delivered and baby sitter wouldn't open the door. I made a point of telling them they were idiots for doing that. She said the guy was creepy looking and he was Dorking around in back of van. That cost me 3 days of no parts since it was a Friday.

Oh lovely... FED-EX or UPS?

This system looks and feels incredibly well built. VERY impressed, and I haven't even heard it yet.

Oh it was FedEx. Never a problem with UPS here I can recall.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

I, and friends of mine, have had real problems with UPS breaking properly and well packed items shipped with them and then giving us the runaround trying to avoid paying the legitimate insurance claim. We had to use special influence that we had in their legal department to recover our insured losses with them.

To be honest I have had much better luck shipping with USPS than with UPS.

USPS has never given me a problem either, which is amazing. My mother's worked for them since '87, and if you heard some of the stories of all the loonies that work there, and how it's run, you'd wonder how the mail ever gets delivered.

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
    Quote Originally Posted by curtc
    If a Cadillac owner doesn't REALLY like his/her car they have no business owning it
    X2.

For the flip side of the UPS/FedEx thing, living in a semi-rural good ol' boy region has its advantages - packages, large or small, signed for or not, are left on the covered front porch any time, any day. Engine parts like crankshafts and iron cylinder heads (2 in one crate) can be difficult, but I have a 2-wheel dolly. The 4 drivers have been the same for 10 years, and each gets an envelope on the porch around Christmas - same as the rural route postman.

The exhaust is in .

Would anyone like the dyno results?
    ThumperPup and vincentm like this.

I'll bite ................

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.