97 Eldorado, windshield and rear glass edge trim, obsolete from GM - in Norway !
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 97 Eldorado, windshield and rear glass edge trim, obsolete from GM - in Norway ! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 8500 miles 97 Eldorado that I'm in the process of repainting. In that process, I removed the ...
    MrBurnedRubber is offline Cadillac Owners Member

97 Eldorado, windshield and rear glass edge trim, obsolete from GM - in Norway !

I have a 8500 miles 97 Eldorado that I'm in the process of repainting. In that process, I removed the windshield and rear glass to be able to do a professional paint job on this like new car. This might not have been a good idea, as both were damaged during removal of the glass.
    Now it have become clear to me that both the windshield edge trim 25687135, and the rear glass edge trim 25736360, can not be supplied by GM anymore.
    I have searced the forum, and I have seen similar queries, but no solutions.
    I have also googled for theese parts, and some dealers still list the parts, but when checking they are not available.

Anyone know about a source for these ?
    Any reproduction ?
    Have You been able to locate one latly ?

Best regards,
    Trond, Norway

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Re: 97 Eldorado, windshield and rear glass edge trim, obsolete from GM - in Norway !

I am VERY interested on this subject, if you find something please post it here. Currently I have 1 extra set of the windshield side trim (metal with rubber on top) from some donor cars (best shape I found) as a spare. The original trims on my car were LONG time replaced (rubber was separating from the metal substrate at the top edge).
    The rear glass trim was replaced back in '08 and at the time I had no problem finding one, did not looked for another one after.

Generally there is little to NO reproduction for Cadillac parts of ANY era (rare car small market). Have a look how many people restore Cadillacs, not many...this is not like a '66 Mustang where you can find many, many manufacturers for reproduction parts of any kind.

Jim964 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 96 seville sls

Re: 97 Eldorado, windshield and rear glass edge trim, obsolete from GM - in Norway !

Unless you can get a used one out of a scrap yard your better off making one with clips and rubber molding. I had the same issue , the shop had to make it. Its not perfect but it is weather tight and to me it was good enough.
    Attached Images

2manyhotrods is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado ETC coupe.
    Any good glass installer
    company will supply it for you.

MrBurnedRubber is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Here is an update.

The black front Glass molding original GM part 25687135 is available as a repro part.
    The part box is labled Precision WFS D1229
    Try Google and that big auction site "WFS D1229", and You will soon have the front glass trim for about $37

I'm still looking for the rear glass edge trim, as the universal "on roll" trim will not work for the upper corners on this super nice 8500 miles car.
    Have anyone been able to remove and reuse this trim , with a nice looking result ?

Thanks for Your feedback

Best regards
    Trond

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.