2000 ETC driver's window problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 2000 ETC driver's window problems in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The driver window of my 2000 Cadillac ETC won't work. The passenger works from either the driver or passenger door ...
    eldo1977 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 ETC

2000 ETC driver's window problems

The driver window of my 2000 Cadillac ETC won't work. The passenger works from either the driver or passenger door switch, only my driver window. I've replaced the motor twice and entire (mirror, memory seat, window) switch once. Any suggestions, please? Thanks for your time..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: HELP...plz

I changed your thread title to be a little more descriptive than "Help ... plz"......... Everyone comes here for help.

You might go down to Discussions, Cadillac Tech Tips and look through those pages of threads - lots on window problems. If no joy there, and if no member chimes in with troubleshooting help, Google "cadillac forums 2000 eldorado driver window control repair" or something close.

jammgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS, 1998 Eldorado ETC Crimson Pearl, Bose System

Re: HELP...plz

Would you have a volt meter available to see if the motor is getting voltage the plus/minus 12 volts when pressing the button?
    This will help to determine where the problem is first. I had to replace the switches and motors on both sides on my 98 ETC.

dou1t2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 96 Seville SLS and 99 Eldorado ESC,also 91 F-150 and a 73 MG

Re: 2000 ETC driver's window problems

I've had similar issues with my 96 SLS, I did this before ever knowing about this site I might add. The driver's window gets more use than all others put together. I figured the smallest part was where to look first. I removed the switch panel out of the drivers door. I then carefully took it apart. What I found was the contacts in the switch were worn and burnt. I swapped them with one of the back window switches. I reassembled everything and it worked fine for another 50K or so. I then switched them out for the other back window. If you need help or more instructions on how to do this, PM me or reply here.

jammgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS, 1998 Eldorado ETC Crimson Pearl, Bose System

Re: 2000 ETC driver's window problems

When mine stopped working, I had the same problem where the contacts were burnt out. I bought a replacement one on ebay from a company called switch doctor for both the driver and passenger side and work fine. I also had replaced the motors because they were slow after 15 years and got them from a company I found on Ebay for $25 each and didn't last 4 months. Both suddenly stopped working and the driver's side motor shorted out my new switch. Fortunately, it was still under the 1 year warranty and just got a replacement. For the motors, the company refunded my money which is good and I went and bought good ones. They costed more (~50) but I got what I paid for.

Bottom line, is it could still be the motor or switch even though you replaced them.
    If you can check the voltage at the motor connector and confirm it's getting the plus/minus 12 volts, then the motor is probably bad.
    If you're not getting it, it's probably the switch. Check for any broken or worn wiring as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.