1999 Seville won't turn over
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 1999 Seville won't turn over in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi Guys, I have a 99 Seville that has recently been giving me some problems; It will not turn over. ...
    caddykb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 SLS

1999 Seville won't turn over

Hi Guys, I have a 99 Seville that has recently been giving me some problems; It will not turn over.

In the past I was able to turn the engine and at least get it to idle, when I try and drive
    It would stumble at stop lights like it was about to stall out, but it wouldn't.

About a week ago I replaced the batterry (check'd the charge at Autozone) and ever since then I can't get it to turn over.
    My "Check Engine" light does come on, seems like "dragging" like it's trying to start but just won't turn over.
    I pulled the codes and this is what came up. All the codes were in history except for the IBM B1344 which is current

AMP U1120 Amp/Speakers (front right speaker has distortion)
    DDM B1983 Device Power Circuit Low
    DIM B1983 System Voltage Low
    IPC B1652 Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error
    IPC B1983 Device Power Circuit Low
    IPM B1344 (CURRENT) HTR/DEF/AC Door Movement Fault
    IPM B1652 Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error
    IRC U1016 Loss of Communications with PCM
    PCM O0603 Control Module Term Memory Reset
    RIM B1327 System Voltage Low
    MSM B1327 Device Power Circuit Low
    TTM B1383 RH Sun Load Sensor Fault

I appreciate the replys... Ken

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

the recluse is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2002 STS, 1991 Eldorado

Re: 1999 Seville won't turn over

With all the voltage low codes you have, I wonder if you have either the right battery, a bad ground, or you need to clean/check the contact at the cables to the battery...

Check the cold cranking amps and make sure the battery is the proper size for the car. Next might be a bad fuse, something that was shorted while connecting the new battery...run through the fuse panels under the hood and the back seat by the battery itself.

If it was sudden, then more than likely it is something simple...

rodnok01 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance

I agree with recluse that prob something simple as connections or battery. Bad grounds in these cars will cause all kinds of problems.

caddykb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 SLS

Thanks Guys, I did replace the battery with one from the junkyard (79) and had the charge/crank amps checked at Autozone
    The charge was fine and I believe the crank amps was 850 (I lost the receipt) which was better then my old battery
    which had a dead cell, but enough to turn the engine.

I checked the fuses under the hood which were fine but not the ones under the seat
    so I'll check those next along with the battery connections and see what happens...Ken

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.