Love my 2000 ElDorado ESC
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Love my 2000 ElDorado ESC in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello all, I am new to this forum, but happy I found it. My Cadillac is a 2000 ElDorado ESC, ...
    tblazeman@aol.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Love my 2000 ElDorado ESC

Hello all,
    I am new to this forum, but happy I found it.
    My Cadillac is a 2000 ElDorado ESC, which I purchased as the third owner, about two years ago.
    I am a die-hard muscle/performance car guy,
    with hobby cars which include a 1969 Liberty Blue GTO "Judge", a Cosmo purple 2004 GTO coupe, a 2001 "SLP" SS Camaro Convertible, and a 2000 Harley Davidson Dyna Low Rider.
    Over the years, I learned I needed to have a practical side, so I purchased "work" vehicles, including Ranger pickups, F-150's, etc., but as a large guy (300+, depending on last nights dinner, LOL), i discovered large luxury suits me best.
    After a stint with 3 different Town Cars, which were quite comfortable, and suited for those long commutes; I found myself missing the sportiness, and more importantly, "performance", of my hobby vehicles.
    This is when I found my Eldorado. I just love the power, performance, and handling which this car affords me. She is a great, sexy and sporty, all black and chrome beauty!
    Yesterday, I just gave her the full "ZMAX" treatment, along with a "jet", high performance Mass Air Flow Sensor.
    Today, she is running smoothly, and happily like the great vehicle she is!
    I love my 2000 ElDorado ESC! I hope to one day be able to say that about a Cadillac "V"!
    Not financially ready for that beast, yet!
    Sincerely,
    Tim Blaszak
    talismandave likes this.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Re: Love my 2000 ElDorado ESC

Hi Tim, glad you came to the Cadillac side of life!

Thank you very much Talismandave!

I appreciate the welcome! :-)

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Let us know how long it takes the JET MAF to set fuel mixture codes. Been there done that. (Post your before and after dyno runs, too.)

ZMAX is pure, unadulterated snake oil.

This is the wrong forum for a 2000 Northstar FWD car. Moved to Seville/Eldorado. "ESC" stands for Eldorado Sport Coupe, so there's no need for "Eldorado Eldorado Sport Coupe". Also, you might want to ask an Admin to change your username - there is a particular form of scum that surfs these forums looking for e-mail addresses - you may well wind up with a lot more than you bargained for.

Welcome to CF !!! You're gonna love this band of loonies ...............

........ now go all the way to the top black bar and study the entire Cadillac Technical Archive, then study the sticky posts at the top of any forum of interest, particularly the ones in the Seville/Eldorado and Engines, Northstar Performance forums. Use the Discussions, Item Specific: Cadillac Tech Tips to find how-to's on anything in your car. Learn to use your car's built-in code reader/scanner. The sticky post "How to pull codes" also includes a link to all code definitions - use it. 115 Pictures and diagrams of your engine and parts in my albums - the Community tab, Albums, the red Seville. 2 albums, 6 pages of stuff. I build Olds 455's for fun and profit.

basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

I just gave her the full "ZMAX" treatment
    that stuff is PURE SNAKE-OIL -
    and a TOTAL waste of $25 or $35 or whatever you paid for it -

along with a "jet", high performance Mass Air Flow Sensor.
    another TOTAL waste of money -
    you should return it - and put the original MAF back on -

that thing is nothing more than a $.25 resistor -
    that tells the computer the engine is always cold -
    so it continuously runs a richer mixture than normal -
    and it will REDUCE the gas mileage -

there are absolutely no parts or magic potions
    that will give one single additional horsepower -
    or increase your mileage a single mile PER TANKFUL -

and burning anything higher than 87 octane gas is also a waste of money -
    and will give you ZERO benefit -

bass, see the picture of the JET MAF in my post. The thing is a $275 waste of money - I was fished in early on. They mechanically modify the MAF physical frame itself - the IAT thermistor bead and heated flow sensor resistors are stock.

I still have it in the original box - any takers ??? (Just kidding - I wouldn't try to sell it to my worst enemy.) I play with it once a year to remind me of how stupidity gets in the way of common sense - regardless of gut hunches.

Too bad the OP never read his owner's manual - the section concerning various magic additives.

Thanks for the advice regarding navigating this site, and your useless OPINIONs on my product choices.
    This is worse than the Corvette site!
    FYI, i started using ZMAX while working on airplanes at Embry Riddle. It was a different name then, but there was good reason we used it. You can't pull over in the sky!
    Anyway, since you are a bunch of negative washwomen, who have never touched a wrench in your life, I am deleting this forum from my phone.
    Really thought we were just a bunch of guys, with a pure love of Cadillacs'.
    I leave you guys (and I use the term loosely), to spread your opinions around the water coolers, at the dealerships where you take your cars for repair!
    Later....much!
    I
    Y
    Submariner409 and bwv565 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tblazeman@aol.com View Post
    Thanks for the advice regarding navigating this site, and your useless OPINIONs on my product choices.
    FYI, i started using ZMAX while working on airplanes at Embry Riddle. It was a different name then, but there was good reason we used it. You can't pull over in the sky!
    Anyway, since you are a bunch of negative washwomen, who have never touched a wrench in your life, I am deleting this forum from my phone.
    I leave you guys (and I use the term loosely), to spread your opinions around the water coolers, at the dealerships where you take your cars for repair!
    Later....much!
    I
    Y
    ---------------------------------
    WOW - that didn't take long -

what - they don't use FLOMAX either?

since you are a bunch of negative washwomen,
    who have never touched a wrench in your life,
    I am deleting this forum from my phone

OOOOHHH - now THAT hurt -

don't let the door hit you on the way out -

oh - and HAVE A NICE DAY -

----------------------

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    bass, see the picture of the JET MAF in my post. The thing is a $275 waste of money - I was fished in early on. They mechanically modify the MAF physical frame itself - the IAT thermistor bead and heated flow sensor resistors are stock.

I still have it in the original box - any takers ??? (Just kidding - I wouldn't try to sell it to my worst enemy.) I play with it once a year to remind me of how stupidity gets in the way of common sense - regardless of gut hunches.

Too bad the OP never read his owner's manual - the section concerning various magic additives.
    --------------------------------------
    the IAT thermistor bead and heated flow sensor resistors are stock
    you mean to tell me you don't even get the $.25 resistor?
    WOW - that's even a BIGGER rip-off than I thought!

ELDO GUY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2K ELDO WHITE DIAM , 2K TURBO BUG ,69 VETTE ZZ4 2014 CTS

Wow, he was not a happy man ! I bet he uses the tornado intake and the gas magnets too . Good thing we can get in touch with him I got some other" performance products" to get rid of myself !
    basscatt likes this.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    I'm wondering why he didn't just get an ETC in the first place, if he was looking for performance.

dkozloski, What is/was the FAA policy concerning fuel/oil additives in recip aircraft engine overhaul/maintenance ?? (Private and/or commercial use ?)

(Embry Riddle School of Aviation, campuses all over the U.S., Originally in Florida in the 60's, I believe.)

tblazeman, FWIW I've owned my wrenches (SAE, Metric, Whitworth) since 1953 - plus a couple of other automotive fixit toys. You posted a couple of well-known snake oil products and got called on it - grow up and join the fun. I said nothing about "navigating the site" - I pointed out necessary reading to bring you up to speed on the Northstar and some of its idiosyncrasies. Timeless info. What makes you think we - all of us - have not wasted a ton of money on magic pills ? ......... and learned from the exercise.

Please leave the insults out of your dialogue..

----------

the IAT thermistor bead and heated flow sensor resistors are stock
    you mean to tell me you don't even get the $.25 resistor?
    WOW - that's even a BIGGER rip-off than I thought!
    yep - no 25¢ Radio Shack resistors here - just a chopped up MAF body to "get more air into the engine".

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    dkozloski, What is/was the FAA policy concerning fuel/oil additives in recip aircraft engine overhaul/maintenance ?? (Private and/or commercial use ?)

(Embry Riddle School of Aviation, campuses all over the U.S., Originally in Florida in the 60's, I believe.)

tblazeman, FWIW I've owned my wrenches (SAE, Metric, Whitworth) since 1953 - plus a couple of other automotive fixit toys. You posted a couple of well-known snake oil products and got called on it - grow up and join the fun. I said nothing about "navigating the site" - I pointed out necessary reading to bring you up to speed on the Northstar and some of its idiosyncrasies. Timeless info. What makes you think we - all of us - have not wasted a ton of money on magic pills ? ......... and learned from the exercise.

Please leave the insults out of your dialogue..

----------

yep - no 25¢ Radio Shack resistors here - just a chopped up MAF body to "get more air into the engine".
    ------------------------------
    I can't attest to private and commercial -
    but I GUARANTEE it NEVER got into any recips owned by the Marine Corps -

----------

Quote Originally Posted by tblazeman@aol.com View Post
    Later....much!
    I
    Y
    ------------------
    hey bvd - what could you POSSIBLY find in this rant to "like" -
    or do you "like" that he left -

aftonjay33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 Eldorado

Guys I am new here so you may not want my opinion and I am not trying to start crap, but if you look at the posts the guys comes in excited to have just got a new caddy and found a forum to discuss it. He gets two welcome aboards and then the a slew of posts telling him basically he was a fool for purchasing the MAF, a fool for using Zmax, that he was saying the name of his car incorrectly and told that he should read 20 pages of stuff as homework. I am sure it wasnt meant to sound this way but sometimes the nuances of conversation are missed when it is typed words on a page. I know when I first read the post I thought "man they kinda ripped this guy" and that was before he even responded with his angry post. Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by aftonjay33 View Post
    Guys I am new here so you may not want my opinion and I am not trying to start crap, but if you look at the posts the guys comes in excited to have just got a new caddy and found a forum to discuss it. He gets two welcome aboards and then the a slew of posts telling him basically he was a fool for purchasing the MAF, a fool for using Zmax, that he was saying the name of his car incorrectly and told that he should read 20 pages of stuff as homework. I am sure it wasnt meant to sound this way but sometimes the nuances of conversation are missed when it is typed words on a page. I know when I first read the post I thought "man they kinda ripped this guy" and that was before he even responded with his angry post. Just my 2 cents, take it or leave it.
    ---------------
    if you look at the posts the guys comes in excited to have just got a new caddy
    go back and re-read the first post - this from his post -
    My Cadillac is a 2000 ElDorado ESC,
    which I purchased as the third owner,
    about two years ago.

He gets two welcome aboards
    and then the a slew of posts telling him basically he was a fool
    for purchasing the MAF, a fool for using Zmax,
    no one called him a fool - although he was -
    we simply said Zmax was pure snake-oil - which it IS -
    and that Jet MAF was pure garbage - and doesn't work - which is also true - the guy CLAIMS to be somewhat of a gearhead -
    I am a die-hard muscle/performance car guy,
    with hobby cars which include

and lists a bunch of cars -

so - he should have known better - particularly about the Jet MAF -

---------------------
    do a search "jet maf sensor reviews" - EVERY site that SELLS them
    shows 4 1/2 to 5 star ratings -

but EVERY car/truck forum that DISCUSSES them ALL say
    it is junk - and doesn't work - hmmm - imagine that -
    --------------------------

then - after 2 years of owing the car - he decides to modify it -
    Yesterday, I just gave her the full "ZMAX" treatment,
    along with a "jet", high performance Mass Air Flow Sensor.

and as for calling ZMAX snake-oil -
    here is PROOF - http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2001/02/zmax1.shtm

this is the first paragraph -

The Federal Trade Commission has filed suit in U. S. District Court seeking to halt false and misleading advertising for zMax auto additives and has asked the court to order refunds to consumers who bought the products. The agency alleges that enhanced performance claims for the product are unsubstantiated, that tests cited to support performance claims actually demonstrated that motor oil treated with zMax produced more than twice as much bearing corrosion than motor oil alone, and that the three different products - an engine additive, a fuel line additive and a transmission additive - were all actually tinted mineral oil

THAT is why we come down somewhat hard
    on those who endorse and promote the use of this CRAP -

he was saying the name of his car incorrectly
    well - he WAS -
    from Sub -
    "ESC" stands for Eldorado Sport Coupe,
    so there's no need for "Eldorado Eldorado Sport Coupe"

did YOU find this statement offensive - degrading - or just plain wrong? -
    sounded pretty gentle to me -

he was also spelling the name incorrectly -
    Eldorado - not ElDorado - but I let that slide -

and told that he should read 20 pages of stuff as homework
    so - telling a noob WHERE he can find more information -
    somehow becomes a "homework assignment" -
    from Sub -
    study the sticky posts at the top of any forum of interest

Use the Discussions, Item Specific: Cadillac Tech Tips to find how-to's

-------------
    maybe some people are simply TOO SENSITIVE to be on public forums -

I find it curious that some people take offense at someone's posting advice - gained through hands-on experience - on how to learn something about the car they just bought - and, by anyone's admission, a 2000 ESC is NOT a run-of-the-mill daily beater that you simply stick the key in and go.

Dollars to doughnuts the next thing we hear about this particular Eldorado is "Today I pulled codes and there's a P 0171 and P 0174 set. What does that mean ?".

If the OP is/was a dedicated ZMax user he should have known that the compoany has been hauled into court by the FTC for false advertising on other occasions too ........

aftonjay33, Here's a straight question in open Forum: Have YOU ever read the Cadillac Technical Archive, any sticky, or even used my albums for info ?? It seems that you have accepted advice from several forum members in your past threads/posts - and some of that concerned the now-discontinued coolant supplement tablets.......... we all hand out advice based on what we know, not what we guess.
    basscatt likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.