Love my 2000 ElDorado ESC - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree21Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Love my 2000 ElDorado ESC in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Submariner409 I find it curious that some people take offense at someone's posting advice - gained through ...
    drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT

Re: Love my 2000 ElDorado ESC

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    I find it curious that some people take offense at someone's posting advice - gained through hands-on experience - on how to learn something about the car they just bought
    Tact is an important virtue when dealing with new people. Since this is the internet, and there is inherently a huge disconnect, everyone is a total stranger and tact becomes more important than ever. We are nobodies on the internet - if members want to be effective to new sign-ons, they'll need to make the on-comers comfortable and earn their respect and trust. Member's doom and gloom attitudes and prissy drama queen personalities are a huge turnoff - as exhibited here. If that's the way it has to be, they'll turn to another, more effective source of information. They'd rather learn from someone else's experiences - or even go ahead and create their own.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

bwv565 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): None at the moment but eyeing a 2016 XTS

It's more the MANNER in which "advice" is given than anything. A "please" or "thank you" go a long way rather than TELLING someone what they did or didn't do. I think that's the point being made. There are people in these forums (and elsewhere on the internet) who get their jollies by insulting and belittling others when all they're asking for is advice. 'nuff said.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

On my knees in court, please accept my humble apologies for offering insight, experience, and advice on what, why, how when and where to do to mess with a car and its parts.

Thank you ...........

drew - Your thought on "learn from someone else's experiences ..........." - That's why I posted, twice, that the JET MAF for these divorced MAF engines was a waste of momey - I fooled with one for a long time, eternally hoping, before it went back into its box forever. Set codes, cost gas mileage and caused an off-idle and midrange stumble. You, probably moreso than many other members, know that I am not particularly pink and flowery when it comes to handing out advice.

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    On my knees in court, please accept my humble apologies for offering insight, experience, and advice on what, why, how when and where to do to mess with a car and its parts.

Thank you ...........

drew - Your thought on "learn from someone else's experiences ..........." - That's why I posted, twice, that the JET MAF for these divorced MAF engines was a waste of momey - I fooled with one for a long time, eternally hoping, before it went back into its box forever. Set codes, cost gas mileage and caused an off-idle and midrange stumble. You, probably moreso than many other members, know that I am not particularly pink and flowery when it comes to handing out advice.
    When I posted "learn from someone else's experiences", I was referring to leaving the drama here for someone somewhere else who is more tactful and polite in their delivery. Someone they can work WITH. While you may have been polite in your delivery, the impoliteness of other members that followed completely overshadowed and nullified it. "Learn from someone else's experiences" should read "Learn from the experiences of others from elsewhere"

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

OK - accepted.

Assuming that the OP is true to his word and has left the site, this thread in now OBE.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.