1996 STS--ac PROBLEMS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 1996 STS--ac PROBLEMS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi, all my problem is that my 96 when taken out of stiorage this summer had a message on dash ...
    zippy3123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

1996 STS--ac PROBLEMS

Hi, all my problem is that my 96 when taken out of stiorage this summer had a message on dash saying "low refrigerant and compressor shut off. I tried recharging this myself but nothing is going into the line when trying. any way to get compressor to turn on or any other tricks? I hooked the can to the ac canister.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Re: 1996 STS--ac PROBLEMS

Wrong forum. Post here:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ldorado-forum/
    Actually, I had this problem on a previous car. My 2002 eldorado. Can't recharge it because the compressor won't go on. The way I did it was disconnect the battery, reconnect it. Now the car doesn't know there isn't any more refrigerant so it will turn the compressor on initially when you turn the ac on.

So d/c battery, reconnect, have someone start the car with ac on high while you're in the engine bay refilling. The idea is to "catch" the compressor turn on and get refrigerant in there before the car realizes its empty and shuts off the compressor again.

----------

If you fail, try again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.