Anyone build an stereo system in a Seville with Bose?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Anyone build an stereo system in a Seville with Bose? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I didn't think this was fitting for the audio forum, since it's more directed at our particular car. I'm thinking ...
    carmaster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 Seville STS

Anyone build an stereo system in a Seville with Bose?

I didn't think this was fitting for the audio forum, since it's more directed at our particular car. I'm thinking of building a sound quality system in my 02 STS; using the factory bose radio with the 6 disc changer. I thought about adding the hard wired aux input and a better sub, but that's boring, plus the factory Bose sounds like junk. I'm considering using the JL Audio cleansweep with the auto summing unit, 5 channel amp, upgrading the mids in the front doors and relocating the tweeters to the a-pillar for better imaging. Just curious if anyone here has done anything similar or any pointers for this car, since I've never used a factory head unit before.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Keep in mind thw factory bose speakers are 2 ohms, you cant just pop in any aftermarket ones. Checkout Infinity's Reference lines theyre a perfect match for the Bose system in these Cadillacs and the only ones that match as far as i know..

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    If you want a serious SQ system, the Cleansweep really isn't the right type of product. A true processor, like the Audioson Bit One, is what you want. There are cheaper alternatives, Alpine makes one.

I'm going to replace the Bose at some point, but not until I have the money to do so with something that will truly blow it away in every way. I'm planning on a Bit One, a single JL 12W6, Focal 3 way components up front, and most likely 2 ways in the rear doors.

Loud is easy and cheap. Sadly, SQ is not.

danneybo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 seville sls

Re: Anyone build an stereo system in a Seville with Bose?

U can run a gmos behind your aftermarket stereo that integrates with your Bose speakers and amp, or you can bypass the amp by removing the amp and connecting your amp input wires to your amp output wires. You would also have to remove the Bose sub if it has that option because it isn't a self powered sub. After you've bypassed the amp u can pick up any type of car speaker... Infiniy speakers are good they run anywhere from 2 ohms to 3 ohms depending upon the model, they would be ideal if your integrating with the amp, you can use em if ur not too but if your bypassing you can run any type of speaker you want. If you want good quality sound and an e.q I recommend pioneers mosfet line.

carmaster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 02 Seville STS

Re: Anyone build an stereo system in a Seville with Bose?

Moistcabbage gets what I'm saying, I love the factory look of the am/fm cd player/ tape in dash unit and want to keep that look. I just don't know how to achieve the cleanest sound after that. I hadn't seen the Audioson Bit One unit, but that looks almost exactly like what I want. But damn that's a lot of mula. I wanted some sort of processing ability like the Alpine H701, I dearly miss having that unit. But it still looks like I could use the cleansweep set up to fix what Bose messes up and then process it with a H701. Or I could just do what I did in my Deville and leave the factory radio in and put an after market alpine cd player where the ash tray is and hook the DSP up to that. I think I'm going to run my own active set up in the front with LPG 26NA tweets and maybe Morel mids. I probably won't touch the rear speakers or maybe just add some decent 2-ways for when I have rear passengers. I want to swap out the Blows sub for an ID MAX 12" unless I can find a better free air sub.

----------

Just measured the ash tray pocket and it looks like that won't work in this car, it's about an inch too narrow.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.