1994 Seville Instrument Panel (ICP) Removal
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 1968RallySport
  • 1 Post By Mafiaman111
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 1994 Seville Instrument Panel (ICP) Removal in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Yes, I've used the search function here. No luck. Does anyone have a detailed step-by-step procedure for removing the instrument ...
    1968RallySport is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS

1994 Seville Instrument Panel (ICP) Removal

Yes, I've used the search function here. No luck. Does anyone have a detailed step-by-step procedure for removing the instrument panel cluster (IPC) on a 1994 Seville SLS? I have codes IO34 and TO72. Also have "Traction Control Disabled" displayed. The proverbial "------" displayed where you normally see the MPG and coolant temperature. The air conditioner also quit working. All happened at the same time. One day everything was fine. Next morning had all these problems. Battery voltage and connections at battery are good. Checked voltage at ALDL connector. It varies between 3-5 volts. Also have the ALDL cover with the jumper installed. Terminals are all seated properly in the ALDL connector.
    Anyways, I believe the IPC has failed.
    Any comments or suggestions welcomed.

Hopefully a Mod can fix my Thread Header. It should have been IPC not ICP

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 1994 Seville Instrument Panel (ICP) Removal

Out of 86 views not one person has ever had to change the instrument cluster in a '94 Seville?

Found some of the information. Here's the first step. Removing the dash. Actually found it here under a 1995 model. Thanks to whoever I borrowed these pictures from.

Tankboy40 likes this.

Mafiaman111 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Eldorado 173000 miles Black on Black

if its anything like a 1998 eldorado there are 7 screws all total and all you do is remove the vents and dash vent and all the screws will be exposed, once you remove all the screws all you have to do is pick up on the dash cover and remove it and the cluster has 2 or 4 screws holding it and remove the 3 connector to the ipc and lift up and remove it

its actually very simple to do it
    Tankboy40 likes this.

Thanks Mafiaman! I will be removing the cluster this weekend to send it off for repair.

basscatt is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Quote Originally Posted by 1968RallySport View Post
    Thanks Mafiaman! I will be removing the cluster this weekend to send it off for repair.
    ------------------------------------
    I seriously doubt the cluster is the problem -

I would check ALL the fuses in BOTH front and rear fuse boxes
    before ripping the dash apart -

Quote Originally Posted by basscatt View Post
    ------------------------------------
    I seriously doubt the cluster is the problem -

I would check ALL the fuses in BOTH front and rear fuse boxes
    before ripping the dash apart -
    Basscatt, Checked all the fuses. I verified the DLC cover with jumper was installed. Measured circuit 800 voltage at DLC and at the large gauge cluster connector. Voltage constantly varies between 3-5 volts. From what I understand the voltage would "freeze" if there was a problem with the gauge cluster communication circuit. Removed gauge cluster and sent to Mr. Whizard. Tom (technician) called me and said he could not find a problem with the cluster. He said to re-install and measure voltages again. Did that today. Voltages are correct and gauge cluster is still not working. Called and spoke with Susie at Mr. Whizard. She is going to have Tom call me on Monday.
    Do you have any other tests I should do?
    http://www.mrwhizard.com/

Found the diagnostic flow chart for an IO34 code. Will follow flowchart and post results.
    Here's the link:

http://www.4shared.com/office/TvRYLi...flowchart.html

Followed the IO34 diagnostic flowchart. The last step was to measure the voltage at two different pin locations on the white connector at the PCM. If the voltage was between 1-4 volts you are instructed to check the PROM for being seated correctly on the PCM and retest. If the measured voltage was less than 1 volt or greater then 4 volts you are instructed to recheck for codes. I measured 3.8-4.3 volts and it was constantly varying. So I followed both paths. Rechecked for codes. Have IO34 and TO72 were the only two current codes. Printed the TO72 diagnostic flowchart.
    Step one: engine off
    Step two: connect your Tech 1
    Don't have a tech one, so went back to the IO34 flowchart. Since I was only .3 volts over 4 volts I decided to follow the 1-4 volts direction of the flowchart. Already had checked the PROM for being seated properly. Flowchart says to replace PCM. Went to wrecking yard and bought a used PCM for $63.75. Removed PROM from my PCM and installed in PCM that was purchased from wrecking yard. No more IO34 or TO72 codes. Everything works like it used to. No more codes and the air conditioner works also.

amunderdog is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

I really like a good story with a happy ending

basscatt is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

tziady is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 STS

I am having similar issues with my ICP where it is intermittently doesn't functions and sometimes does. besides a lose wiring; could this be the PCM also in my case. I have already had an ebay ICP purchased and was about to try and switch them out this weekend; however, it seems many believe that the cluster is most likely not the issue. How can I test for what else it might be?

firstimecaddi is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 94 Seville; 95 FWB

curious...is the mileage correct?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.