Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Coolant leak, exhaust break. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So I have coolant leaking. I investigated it and found it around my battery and dripping from the front passenger ...
- 08-14-13 01:22 AM #1Cadillac Owners Fanatic
- Automobile(s): 08 cts 68k, 07 STS-V 15K, 97 Sts 160k
- Join Date
- Jun 2010
- Rochelle IL
Coolant leak, exhaust break.
So I have coolant leaking. I investigated it and found it around my battery and dripping from the front passenger side of the car. I looked at the radiator itself and found nothing leaking from it I inspected most of the hoses the best I could and did not find any coolant on any of them.
I am thinking it is coming from the reservoir but I can not tell. If I remember correctly multiple people have had issues with the reservoir cracking and leaking. Is this true or comon? I get the DIC message Coolant low but the temp is always in the normal range, I have driven it at least 100 miles with the low coolant message up. Where is the switch for the low coolant level located? In the reservior?
I also have an exhaust problem the pipe is broke right at the receiver where the two headers meet and come into one pipe. The pipe that runs all the way back is the one that is broke. It is a clean break, can I just weld it up or should I have it cut and a spacer installed? My engine code for EGR recirculation low flow has cleared since the exhaust break, what does that tell me?
Thanks in advance and I really love my 07 V but would like to keep this thing on the road.
- 08-14-13 09:14 AM #2
Re: Coolant leak, exhaust break.
Assuming we're talking about the '97 STS,
1. Given the age of the car, find a whole new coolant surge tank - Amazon Automotive, about $57 shipped - includes the coolant level sensor (snap-clipped in a receptacle in the very bottom of the tank).
2. Have a good exhaust shop band the break and weld it. No idea on the EGR code - how or why.
- 08-14-13 06:36 PM #3
Thanks sub I think the exhaust is going to cost the most out of this deal.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- PowerTorque Tools - SAE Hex Bits Set
SAE Hex Bits Set - 7 Piece; 3/8" Drive; SAE Hex Bits; Contains: 1/8", 5/32", 3/16", 7/32", 1/4", 5/16" & 3/8"
- PowerTorque Tools - Crowfoot Wrenches
Crowfoot Wrenches - 8 Pcs 3/8" Dr Crowfoot Wrench Set - SAE
- PowerTorque Tools - Adjustable Wrench
Adjustable Wrench - 8 Inch