Should I start looking to trade? 96 Eldorado with Gremlins - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Should I start looking to trade? 96 Eldorado with Gremlins in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by drewsuf82 so as an update, it's the actual fuel line that's leaking, the rails were replaced in ...
    orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: Should I start looking to trade? 96 Eldorado with Gremlins

Quote Originally Posted by drewsuf82 View Post
    so as an update, it's the actual fuel line that's leaking, the rails were replaced in october of 2004 with the recall.

The battery did have a bad cell and was partially covered under warranty (still cost me ~$60 to replace)

----

Updates to other issues:

RFA module is bad, we diagnosed it following what the computer says and it says to replace it after the steps.

Car still states that high end AC has an open circut error, however when we checked it out everything seemed legit.

Car now says NO TCS / RFA data (I keep forgetting to write these codes down)

After disconnecting the battery and the Wiper Control module for a bit today apparently my wipers are working just fine again

We attempted to replicate the blower motor turning itself on and of course it didn't (it's in the shop why would it do what it's been doing LOL) however it seems like it was a common issue for this car (common enough that he knew it was approx a $500 fix)

Oil light still blinking (even after another new battery) -- I give up LOL

Thankfully though it got me to work, and Interstate your battery warranty is horribad....apparently even though it's a new battery i only have 2 months remaining on the warranty
    Sounds like you put one of Interstates cheaper batteries in it in the foirst lace. I just replaced an Interstate battery that failed after two years of use and it was free.

drewsuf82 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado ETC

Re: Should I start looking to trade? 96 Eldorado with Gremlins

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    Sounds like you put one of Interstates cheaper batteries in it in the foirst lace. I just replaced an Interstate battery that failed after two years of use and it was free.
    They've apparently changed the warranty on them. Year one is a full replacement for this battery, after that it pro-rates. The new battery has a 4 year warranty however it was replaced under the old warranty so in about a month I'll be SOL LOL

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.