Filler neck Replacement
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Filler neck Replacement in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I need to replace my filler neck on my 2000 STS. The replacement that dorman sells is $47 but has ...
    stsjohn1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS

Filler neck Replacement

I need to replace my filler neck on my 2000 STS. The replacement that dorman sells is $47 but has the two lines coming off it. The one I have is a single tube down to the rubber hose.
    If someone has info. if the two line (vented) is easy to install? an option or not. The other option is $400.00.
    Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Re: Filler neck Replacement

The Dorman filler neck is not designed for your car if it has 2 lines.
    Also I am not sure if $400 is the worst part. You may find out that having the $400 you can't get the OEM part either (may be discontinued by now).

Thanks for your input.
    Rock auto has the Dorman part listed with the more expensive one as viable. Sorry the other part is $464.00 not $400.00.
    The fuel neck was wore part way through by the tire after the leveling system failed. I would suggest a Design issue.

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

And the short hose connecting the filler neck with the fuel tank is $98 (at least for my year), been there done that.
    I can’t imagine how the filer neck be damaged due to leveling system failure, even with the ELC out the spring should maintain the normal ride height (assuming no load is added to the rear). Also for gen IV Seville the filler neck is way away from the tire even if it bottoms out, not sure gen V (I would assume similar).

rodnok01 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 98 DeVille, 97 DeVille d'Elegance

If the steel portion has a hole wore in it get it patched, can't for the life of me see how it could have but hey what do i know.

The plastic casing was wore away. I can see the metal tube and it seems OK (no spillage of fuel).
    I believe the space between the inside of the plastic casing and the metal fuel tube is the pressure relief?

flatback is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 Eldo ETC & 2003 Seville SLS

I just bought one for my 98 Eldorado at www.fillernecksupply.com $100 and change. Worked fine and they seemed like good people. Do not mess with it, a pinhole will eventually be a big hole and when you go to fill it with gas you'll have a flood, happened to me

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 96 STS, 140k
    The Internet is great. Its easy to find MYITEMFORSALE.com, who says you can't make a buck these days?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.