Another Caddy In The Stable - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Like Tree15Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Another Caddy In The Stable in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Just went out and measured it. She's sitting at 27.5. Oh yeah, Also got to tighten up all the pan ...
    Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Another Caddy In The Stable

Just went out and measured it. She's sitting at 27.5.

Oh yeah, Also got to tighten up all the pan bolts (that I could get to) in hopes of slowing down or stopping the oil leak. I got at least a 1/2 turn out of each one.

Dammit, the blower would not come on today. Looks like I gotta pull the dammed blower tomorrow, (hottest day of the year) take it apart and check the connections.

basscatt is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Dammit, the blower would not come on today. Looks like I gotta pull the dammed blower tomorrow, (hottest day of the year) take it apart and check the connections.
    --------------------
    also check that ground wire behind the passenger kick panel -

if you need a new blower -
    TYC700110 - $42.77 - with free shipping -
    http://www.amazon.com/TYC-700110-Pon.../dp/B000UIY5TO

Yeah, I'm going after the ground first with fingers crossed. If I have to pull the blower I'm gonna check the brush contact first per the repair tip in Tech Tips before replacing it.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post

We love these cars alot. Don't we? lol

Got the ground cleaned. Didn't look all THAT bad, but who knows. Since it was intermittent at best (it was working when I pulled it in the garage) I'll just have to wait and see if it happens again.

Blower failed again then came on later. Pulled it this morning (very easy). Pulled the end cap and brushes. OMG what a mess in there. It was full of what I assume was dust from the brushes. I'm amazed it ran at all. Blew it out, cleaned it all up. Cleaned up the armature with some emery cloth and put some grease on the armature shaft and bushing and put it back together. Should be good for another 100K. I would recommend this to everyone with a blower problem. I wonder how many good blowers have been sent to the land fill needlessly.

On another note, she said she lowered the LR window and heard a loud noise this morning. Got it to go back up with more noise and that's where it sits. Pulled the door panel and was able to get a peak in and saw the cable hanging loose. I suspect it's similar to the Deville pop n drop failure, but being a rear window, I'm not messing with it unless the window falls. I put it back together and left the control button unplugged. Screw it!

P.S.
    That rear door panel is a tricky little bastard without a FSM.

Well, the perfectionist in me got the better of me. I just could not stand knowing that the LR window was inop. Turns out that one of the chincy plastic cable pulleys broke. Luckily I found a regulator & motor on sale at the Men's Mall for $35.

Tomorrow I do the micro surgery on the steering wheel button lights. That's the last thing on the list.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.