Cadillac Factory service manuals! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Cadillac Factory service manuals! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I first bought a Haynes manual but later took it back because every thing I wanted to look up said ...
    Dead Sled is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I first bought a Haynes manual but later took it back because every thing I wanted to look up said see dealer for service, then got a Chiltons and it is slightly better, but factory service manuals are gold! real problem solving flow charts EVERYTHING and its year specific, unlike parts store manuals with very vauge instructions and info and blurry pics

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    For those of you that haven't seen it yet....cardio doc is now a Cadillac Forums member. Look in the Cadillac for sale section and you'll find him! Welcome Doc!

becker_jr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '98 Seville SLS

Re: Cadillac Factory service manuals!

Originally posted by kcnewell
    In case any one is interested....Cardio doc has factory service manuals for sale again on E-bay. His post says he has them available for MANY years! I bought one from him recently and it is in imacculate condition and was shipped within a day or two of ordering. I don't have the links available but you can find them over on Bruces site if you need to.
    Anybody know how to get the service manaual(s) for Seville SLS 1998 in Sweden? :-)
    Can you access the onboard computer from the dashboard, without external hardware/software?

I like this site.

jadcock is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 2001 STS
    Yes, Cadillac has a very extensive On-Board Diagnostics system. 1996 and later are OBD-II compliant.

Simultaneously press the OFF and WARMER button (pass temp warmer button) and hold until all lights display. The computer will now display all current and history codes it has stored. After the codes are displayed, if any, it will ask you PCM? At this point, the fan button is your answer key -- UP means yes, and DOWN means no. If you want to go into the PCM section, hit UP. If you want to go on to the next section (which is IPC maybe, not sure), hit DOWN. To exit, press the OFF button repeatedly until completely out of the diagnostics system.

Note, the system can be accessed while the engine is off (but the key in the ON position), or driving down the road. It's very complete and comprehensive.

becker_jr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '98 Seville SLS

Smile On-Board Diagnostics system

Excellent! This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for.
    Thank you Jason.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.