Hello fellow Seville lovers - 2002 SLS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Hello fellow Seville lovers - 2002 SLS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hello My name is Jay and I'm new to the forum, I own a 2002 Seville SLS in white diamond ...
    jaybutler63501 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Seville sls

Hello fellow Seville lovers - 2002 SLS

Hello
    My name is Jay and I'm new to the forum, I own a 2002 Seville SLS in white diamond with 140k miles on her I have had the car since 2005 and have put 110k miles on it. The caddy is still my daily driver, I'm planning on retiring her soon as my daily driver, but plan to keep the car, and customize a bit, I have always loved cadillacs and this Seville has been a very good car for me I didn't have to spend any real money on it until I hit 120k at that point the ses light came on and it was a pcm shift slcenoid, I had the transmission rebuilt and it runs like a top. To be honest I drove from Michigan to Missouri and back again before I had it rebuilt and noticed no slipping or irregular shift patterns. This spring I replaced all of the struts and put some new Michelin defenders on it I love Michelin tires I always have good luck with them. I replaced the oem struts with the monroes, they are not quite as soft as the oems but close and for the difference in price, I'm happy with them. I am planning on replacing the engine when I get the dreaded head gasket faluire do to the head bolts, I have found a couple of places that interest me one is carrol Cadillac and davis auto repair or Cadillac dr in Youngstown ohio, any thoughts from any of you that have removed and replaced your caddys engine with a remanufactured engine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Hello fellow caddy lovers

Forget a reman "crate" engine - there are nightmare stories in here for those, too - quite a few in fact. "When" - What makes you think the head gasket(s) will fail ?

Where are you home ported ?? If you live in Michigan, put Joe Blau at Midwest Cadillac Repair, Palatine, IL in your hip pocket - They do all sorts of Northstar work and are an acknowledged expert shop on engine overhaul.

Let's move this to the Seville forum - it's more of a car question than a simple "Hiya !"

Welcome Aboard !!!

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

Re: Hello fellow Seville lovers

Hi Jay!

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Welcome to the Forums, Jay! Glad to hear from a Seville fan.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Quote Originally Posted by jaybutler63501 View Post
    I am planning on replacing the engine when I get the dreaded head gasket faluire do to the head bolts
    Why do you say "when" as opposed to IF? You seem rather sure that it is inevitable.

I just read a lot of material on the web that gives me the feeling its very probable with miles and time i have on the clock i just want to be prepared where to take it and what to do

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Mileage and age are completely irrelevant. There is no mileage or age to expect an HG problem.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Hello and welcome! I used to own a Seville, and recently replaced it with a brand new ATS. Well, basically the HG problem took it away! I love my ATS BUT I should say that the Seville has a more elegant design and a very special feel to it! Enjoy your Seville and take care of it!

Thanks
    We just took a weekend trip to Dayton and Colombus Ohio last weekend my wife and me have so many fun memories with this car it is the perfect road trip car for us. Its really amazing how old and as many miles it has on it that it runs so well and is so dependable. We have always maintained our cars well, but this is the first car we have kept for this long and as many miles. I know its only steel but we are not planning on parting with the seville any time soon.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 STS
    Shift solenoids are not hard to replace

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.