ABS pump replacement? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, ABS pump replacement? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So instead of going through the hassle of replacing the pump I should further diagnose by testing the resistance to ...
    alexmaj22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 sls

Re: ABS pump replacement?

So instead of going through the hassle of replacing the pump I should further diagnose by testing the resistance to the pump through the pigtail? There is no logical reason that the pump itself could cause those codes? I may just send my old module out to be rebuild, as the salvage yard sourced unit has some damage around the pins, as if they pried the connector off with a screwdriver. There is absolutely no damage to the pins though.

alexmaj22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 sls

Problems are now fixed! Thanks for the help and advice. I finally sourced a second replacement ebtcm from a different local salvage yard than the first replacement. It was $65 for the second one. So I guess it wasn't too horrible of a job, and not too expensive either. I am happy I did not have to replace the pump like I thought I was going to have to do. And by doing it myself I avoided giving the stealership $2500 of my hard earned money, and yes they quoted me 2500 to do the job.

Mafiaman111 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Eldorado 173000 miles Black on Black

Holy crap the dealer is very expensive, I replaced my pump for 55$ and bleed the brakes with my buddy and never had a problem since

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Yes $2500 is the expected price.
    The part alone is ~$1700 BPMV and ~$500 EBTCM (module).
    You don't need the BPMV, all you need is the EBTCM but I guess is easier to replace everything (or better yet they don't know better).
    The EBTCM replacement (full assembly) is about 2h (my experience).
    I guess they charge 3h to be on the safe side.

Some time ago with mtflight's help I scored a brand new BPMV for less than $100. Rural Georgia sometimes is awesome.

zek4964 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 cts 68k, 07 STS-V 15K, 97 Sts 160k

Re: Error codes ABS C1214 and C1248!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alexmaj22 View Post
    Where would be a good place to start looking for a replacement ebtcm?
    LKQ used parts is a good place to start they will ship it to your door. The ECBM is two things that are really one. The pump and ECBM can be seperated but I would not do it. The ECBM is valving internal to the modual and the pump is mounted to the side of it. You should replace the whole thing as one unit. New they are over 1000 bucks if they are still made.... I bought mine from a guy on this site and changed it myself for 100 bucks and I have put over 50K miles on it so far. Once you get it back installed just bleed the breaks off normally from each caliper worked fine for me.

It is on the drivers side next to and under the air filter assembly. Remove the air filter assembly and you cant miss it, it has break lines and a 25 pin or so ambilical cord attached to it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.