AC Clutch not engaging - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, AC Clutch not engaging in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Ray Slay The PCM will shut down the compressor clutch when low refrigerant is detected. Not saying ...
    basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Re: AC Clutch Not engaging

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Slay View Post
    The PCM will shut down the compressor clutch when low refrigerant is detected. Not saying you have that problem. If so you will have to unhook the battery ground cable and reboot before the compressor clutch will again engage. My personal experience on this one. Only at that time will you be able to recharge the system.
    -------------------------
    if there was low refrigerant - it would set a LOW REFRIGERANT CODE -

you will have to unhook the battery ground cable
    and reboot before the compressor clutch will again engage

or just go into the computer and clear the codes -

bigo93bronco is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Eldorado Northstar

Just got back from another WTX work trip, is there any method for testing those Freon temp sensors? I noticed that if I unplug the one closest to the brake booster (KOER), both fans come on HIGH and stay on until I replace the connector. I have checked for continuity between the cavities in the connector(s) to as far down the harness as I can get, and everything has checked out to that point. I'm leaving the battery disconnected at the moment to clear out the "A" codes. I want to see if they come back or not, and clearing PCM codes doesn't seem to remove them

UPDATE

I disconnected the battery for awhile and cleared out the A011 and A012 codes (they have NOT come back), but the compressor still will not engage. Any suggestions?

The A011 and A012 were probably just from me unplugging the connectors while the engine was running last week (just making sure they were clean and fully seated)

basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Quote Originally Posted by bigo93bronco View Post
    UPDATE

I disconnected the battery for awhile and cleared out the A011 and A012 codes (they have NOT come back), but the compressor still will not engage. Any suggestions?

The A011 and A012 were probably just from me unplugging the connectors while the engine was running last week (just making sure they were clean and fully seated)
    -----------------------
    check for codes - and read #2

never mind, problem solved. It was a bad low pressure sensor. Voltage to one side with nothing on the other when you know their is pressure in the system= the problem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.