1996 STS - plugs, wires replaced - hesitation
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 1996 STS - plugs, wires replaced - hesitation in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I recently started having a slight hesitation when trying to accelerate so i used my pocket scanner and got error ...
    god of tazz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Caddilac Seville STS

1996 STS - plugs, wires replaced - hesitation

I recently started having a slight hesitation when trying to accelerate so i used my pocket scanner and got error code p0301 which is a misfire in cylinder 1 so I replaced all spark plugs the spark plugs as the previous owner hadn't done them as recently as the wires i still had the issue so i replaced the ignition coil the controls that cylinder as upon inspection it had a small crack in the plastic casing. I still had the issue so i went ahead and replaced the spark plug wires im still having the same code but now even though i havent moved it i now have p0325 as a code which is a knock sensor code any idea what could be causing this once i replaced the ignition coil it stopped hesitating when backing up and it cranks normally.

Edit ICM still in good shape but for good measure i have a neighbor who has the Eldorado same year sane motor and put my icm on his no issue so now its back in place on mine and i double checked all connections to it and number 1 cylinder and recheck number 1 plug and it is not fouled looks very clean

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

Re: 1996 STS - plugs, wires replaced - hesitation

If you replaced the plugs, wires and coils and still have a misfire, the only thing left is the ICM.

deleted

fivepointohman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 98 Eldorado ( previously 96 SLS )
    Fuel injector bad or clogged?

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

Possible, but not probable.

Ok update I went ahead and pulled apart the intake so that i could go ahead and replace the knock sensor i pulled a code for. I put everything back together and and now i only have an intermittent issue with the heated oxygen sensor bank 1. I only seem to get the check engine light for that if I get stuck in a lot of traffic on days where the ambient temperature is 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Also i have already replaced all the injectors when I first got the can as it wasn't getting any fuel to cylinder 4.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Are your coil-to-plug wires connected like this ???

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    Are your coil-to-plug wires connected like this ???
    I was able to get the issue with the hesitation resolved turns out i also had a few vacuum line that disintegrated. Shortly after fixing that I started having a severe overheating issue issue after letting my brother in law borrow the car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.