New to Cars in General, have a 95 Eldorado, plethora of problems - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, New to Cars in General, have a 95 Eldorado, plethora of problems in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by stoveguyy Low coolant message=add coolant. Correct, however I am so not aware of what mix is in ...
    rkeating09 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 95 Eldorado

Re: New to Cars in General, have a 95 Eldorado, plethora of problems, help?! D:

Quote Originally Posted by stoveguyy View Post
    Low coolant message=add coolant.
    Correct, however I am so not aware of what mix is in there currently.

I've been running straight water (see first post), I drained it out yesterday, was pretty murky with coolant in there as well.
    After draining it out yesterday, I tried to follow some instructions stating: "Put 1 1/2 Gallon of Antifreeze after draining, and top off with water."

I got 3/4 of the first thing of coolant before it became a bad idea, mostly because I'm dumb and did it with a warm engine. It filled to the top and didn't continue emptying into the system, so I drained it out again, ran water until it came out clear.
    I then premixed a jug of coolant to a good 50/50, if anything 45(w)/55(c) and added it until the message went away.

That's when I took it out for a spin, floored it for a couple seconds, and then got massive overheating.

I checked the purge line this morning, nothing was coming out. Coolant level is low.

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Coolant/water ratio is irrelevant at this point. It will not cause the engine to overheat or use coolant. I am more concerned with your "suuuuuuuuper puffy and hard to squeeze" hose. Get that purge line to flow. Rod out the hollow bolt and blow through the rest of the line. If it's clogged, clear it. Then if you still overheat, do the block test.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Coolant/water ratio is irrelevant at this point. It will not cause the engine to overheat or use coolant. I am more concerned with your "suuuuuuuuper puffy and hard to squeeze" hose. Get that purge line to flow. Rod out the hollow bolt and blow through the rest of the line. If it's clogged, clear it. Then if you still overheat, do the block test.
    I took a wire hanger to it this morning. In as far and as much as I could go, nothin, even after started the engine with the tube off to see if it would flow. I put coolant in recently, felt the hose but it was probably the engine vibration I felt. I will check the hollow bolt again soon.

How far in can / should I go with a wire hanger in the hollow bolt?

Which 'line' and blow through it with what?

And thank you for reviving my hope for this car.

Quote Originally Posted by rkeating09 View Post
    Which 'line' and blow through it with what?
    The line you remove from the hollow bolt that runs to the surge tank. Just give it a blow job. You should be able to blow through it easily, just like a straw.

The line you remove from the hollow bolt that runs to the surge tank. Just give it a blow job. You should be able to blow through it easily, just like a straw.
    I'm generally gullible, but I think I am going to go out on a limb here and just ask:

You want me to put my mouth on the hose, and blow? Disregard coolant on or around it?

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Well don't swallow any coolant, but yes.

What about you know, a bike pump?
    I will just blow into it.. Haha

----------

Took the hose off, and blew it to try and please it to kicking into shape and working:

Cannot blow through it, clogged?

Definitely clogged.

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    Definitely clogged.
    And what do I do about it?

Did you remove the hose from the hollow bolt and rod it (the bolt) out?

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    Did you remove the hose from the hollow bolt and rod it (the bolt) out?
    The hollowbolt that I poked through the first time, or the other end of the hose?

When I 'rodded' (which I am assuming means to push a wire hanger through) the hollowbolt the first time, daaaaays back. I got bubbling / falling into a stream.

When I did it this morning, nothing came out of the hollowbolt, and nothing came out of the hose (except initially some black liquid residue came out, not a lot). No bubbling, no stream, nothin. Even when I ran the car.

Just to clarify, did you disconnect the hose at the surge tankand blow, or you disconnect the hose at the bolt and blow?

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 96 STS, 140k
    I bet OP is a troll. Just trying to sound stupid. And it's working

Why is this so hard? Hollow bolt is rodded out. The line is clogged. Clear it with compressed air or a long piece of 12 gauge wire. Put it back together and let the engine purge itself. This is not rocket science. It should not take 10 pages to accomplish this and be able to move on.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Why is this so hard? Hollow bolt is rodded out. The line is clogged. Clear it with compressed air or a long piece of 12 gauge wire. Put it back together and let the engine purge itself. This is not rocket science. It should not take 10 pages to accomplish this and be able to move on.
    Ditto

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.