77 Seville, San Remo
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 77 Seville, San Remo in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a San Remo Coupe that I bought in 1979. It has been stored for 30 years, but I ...
    Samuelj10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1977 Seville, San Remo, 2 dr - 1978 Eldorado

77 Seville, San Remo

I have a San Remo Coupe that I bought in 1979. It has been stored for 30 years, but I reciently did a total refurb on it. My problem is getting insurance for it. There doesn't appear to be any comps. to establish a value.

Does anyone know of any of these cars that might have sold in the past few years?

Thanks,

Sam

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Re: 77 Seville, San Remo

Quote Originally Posted by Samuelj10 View Post
    I have a San Remo Coupe that I bought in 1979. It has been stored for 30 years, but I reciently did a total refurb on it. My problem is getting insurance for it. There doesn't appear to be any comps. to establish a value.

Does anyone know of any of these cars that might have sold in the past few years?

Thanks,

Sam
    ---------------------
    you should check out Hagerty Auto Insurance -

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Pictures please

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

I think you pick the value you want and pay the premium for it. Much like life insurance, you can insure it for 10K or 500K.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

I believe Ranger is right, my 1964 Jaguar E-type coupe was insured for an agreed value which was chosen by me, but I did have to supply pictures to support the cars condition at the beginning of the policy being in force.

I remember a 1979 Seville San Remo coupe being sold on Ebay about four years ago, but I don't remember what it went for. A San Remo convertible sold a couple of years ago for over $20,000. The car was in excellent condition.

The Seville San Remo convertible (two door four place, not the grotesque two seater that you see many more of) is one of the cars I regret not buying. If I had I am sure I would still have it. I am familiar with the coupe version and I am sure everyone here would really like to see pictures of your car.

Welcome to the Forums!

Samuelj10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1977 Seville, San Remo, 2 dr - 1978 Eldorado

Hagerty is who all of my cars are with. They are also the ones requiring comps. They presently have the car insured for what a normal Seville would be worth. I have more than that in the uphostry alone. LOL

Thanks,

Sam...

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Does Ebay have some kind of historical record of wht different cars have gone for over the years? I would check with them. As I have said there have been several San Remo convertibles sold on Ebay over the last five years. But they were mostly convertibles, I only remember one coupe ever listed, but I may have missed any others. I would think the going price for the coupes would be well below that of the convertibles.

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.