1998 Eldorado Bose radio station scan problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 1998 Eldorado Bose radio station scan problem in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My 1998 Eldo Bose radio Scan function has stopped working. If I push the Scan button the radio will not ...
    460racer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1984 Convertible, 1985 Convertible, 1998 Eldorado ETC

1998 Eldorado Bose radio station scan problem

My 1998 Eldo Bose radio Scan function has stopped working. If I push the Scan button the radio will not stop on a station. If the radio was on a station before I pushed Scan, the radio will scan through the frequencies and after a couple of cycles it will stop on the station that was playing last. If I push the preset buttons it goes to those stations. I can tap the Seek and Tune button lightly and the radio will move to the next frequency. If there is a station there it will play it. If I press the Seek or Tune buttons longer the radio will not stop on a signal even though most of the local Dallas stations are very strong. Years ago I had a signal seeking radio in a car and it had a sensitivity adjustment. I could switch it to low sensitivity and the signal seeking function would only stop on the stronger stations. I can't find that type of function on this radio. I thought I might have an antenna problem but I umplugged it and I got no stations at all even with the presets. Your advice please.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Sounds like a problem with the HU itself.

460racer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1984 Convertible, 1985 Convertible, 1998 Eldorado ETC

Re: 1998 Eldorado Bose radio station scan problem

Okay, thanks. Hopefully somebody looking at this thread has seen this problem before.

If I decide to replace this radio with an original from a salvage yard, will it be plug-and-play or will I have to bring it to a dealer for a $ VIN re-configuration before it will work?

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    It'll have to be programmed with a Tech II. Any GM dealer can do it. You might save a few bucks if you bring it to a Chevy dealer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.