95 Eldorado coolant crossover/ water pump housing help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 95 Eldorado coolant crossover/ water pump housing help in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; The gaskets on the coolant crossover were leaking so I am ready to install new ones, but..... What are the ...
    beech1cm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Eldorado, coupe deville

95 Eldorado coolant crossover/ water pump housing help

The gaskets on the coolant crossover were leaking so I am ready to install new ones, but.....
    What are the torque for the 8 bolts and what do I use on the threads for the bottom 4 bolts?
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

X-Hibition is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Eldordo ETC Collector's Edition

Re: 95 Eldorado coolant crossover/ water pump housing help

Install the water crossover on the engine. Tighten
    Tighten the water crossover bolts to 25 N·m (18 lb ft).

Install the water pump cover. Tighten
    Tighten the water pump cover to 10 N·m (89 lb in).

Notice
    Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

Looks like the bolts all go in dry.

At least that's what it says in my Electronic Service Information Software 1980-2005 DVD that I got on e-bay...

beech1cm is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Eldorado, coupe deville

Re: 95 Eldorado coolant crossover/ water pump housing help

Thanks for the information. The bottom four holes do go through to the waterjacket in the block, and have an orange colored substance on those four bolts. I am going to attempt to ask at a local dealership to see if anyone there is willing to help.
    Thanks again!

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Thread sealant, I used this:
    http://www.permatex.com/products/pro...sealant-detail

Good luck getting a torque wrench on those lower bolts. Remember, you can't use any universal joints or wobble extensions.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.