85 eldorado - i cant get rear speakers out and tried search
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 85 eldorado - i cant get rear speakers out and tried search in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. my 85 Eldorado convertible was sold but I did pick up a 85 coupe with ...
    Paypz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 85 eldo convert 84 eldo

85 eldorado - i cant get rear speakers out and tried search

good afternoon ladies and gentlemen.

my 85 Eldorado convertible was sold but I did pick up a 85 coupe with 44k original miles on her. the engine however have 11k well documented and expensive receipted miles

already did my front speakers. I need help with the rear ones. the back seat is already out.

my question is, do the wood covered by interior material where both speakers are bolted onto come out re bolt and rewire and put back? I have removed the back lower panel already and looks like I have to remove the higher rear panel where the wooden speaker strip is held to. How do I correctly remove the lower and upper rear panels to get to the speakers?

thank you guys so much for taking the time to read a true fan and collectors issue. I tried looking through all of google, forums, and everything I could do my self, it is time for me to get active in a amazing forum such as this.

again, thank you I really appreciate it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carnut is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Re: 85 eldorado 44k newer engine:) i cant get rear speakers out and tried search:(

An Eldo coupe has speakers in the carpeted shelf behind the seat from the factory. You feel for one Phillips head screw in the center of that panel, remove it, then gently lift the panel in the center to pull out from the sail panel trim. The speakers drop in from the top and clip in. I find it easier to have the rear seat out and one sail panel unattached. I think they're 4 x 6??

Re: 85 eldorado 44k newer engine:) i cant get rear speakers out and tried search:(

i found the screw on the carpeted rear deck area no problem.

my back seats is completely out.

my question is do I remove the rear side panels? bottom and top, so that the carpeted speakers piece slide out?

or can I pull that/slide that out with force and without removing the rear side panels.

I have the bottom panel off by screws, is the upper rear side panels by the back window just clip on? do I just pull it out by the window? does it snap back after?

Appreciate it a ton! I cant thank you enough

thanks to your help carnut, I now have kenwood all around in my Eldorado

Cheers and thank you again

carnut is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

Once the screw is out gently lift the carpeted panel in its center up to allow it to slide out from under the 2 sail (side panels?) panels with the dome lights on them. Then pull the shelf panel towards you. Be careful its card board!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.