A/C problems/ B1324 code
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, A/C problems/ B1324 code in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I realize that there are millions of posts about A/C issues, but I haven't found anything that matches or even ...
    haucker20 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac Seville STS

A/C problems/ B1324 code

I realize that there are millions of posts about A/C issues, but I haven't found anything that matches or even helps my situation. Here goes..... 2000 Seville STS that has a compressor that will not kick in. I have a trouble code on the dash of B1324, A/C overpressure. I have cleared the code and it immediately comes back on. I can jump the compressor in the fuse box by jumping the relay, and the compressor and clutch work awesome. The air inside is cold as ice, but when I take the jumper out and put the relay back in, the air gets warm as the clutch stops working. I have tested the low pressure switch. The switch itself ohms out at 1.26 ohms, and the connector has 5.18 volts. I have purchased a total of 32 oz of A/C Pro R134. When I first attached the gauge from the A/C pro, I got absolutely no pressure reading with compressor/clutch jumpered. I added a full 20 oz and got cold air on the passenger's side, but warm air on the driver's side. I then added approximately 8 oz of the 12 oz can. Again, with the clutch and compressor jumpered, I get ice cold air throughout the car. But I can't leave the relay jumped as it kills my battery. I am currently working on getting a set of manifold gauges to test the pressures. Any help that anyone can give me at this point??? Thank you in advance!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Re: A/C problems/ B1324 code

Quote Originally Posted by haucker20 View Post
    I realize that there are millions of posts about A/C issues, but I haven't found anything that matches or even helps my situation. Here goes..... 2000 Seville STS that has a compressor that will not kick in. I have a trouble code on the dash of B1324, A/C overpressure. I have cleared the code and it immediately comes back on. I can jump the compressor in the fuse box by jumping the relay, and the compressor and clutch work awesome. The air inside is cold as ice, but when I take the jumper out and put the relay back in, the air gets warm as the clutch stops working. I have tested the low pressure switch. The switch itself ohms out at 1.26 ohms, and the connector has 5.18 volts. I have purchased a total of 32 oz of A/C Pro R134. When I first attached the gauge from the A/C pro, I got absolutely no pressure reading with compressor/clutch jumpered. I added a full 20 oz and got cold air on the passenger's side, but warm air on the driver's side. I then added approximately 8 oz of the 12 oz can. Again, with the clutch and compressor jumpered, I get ice cold air throughout the car. But I can't leave the relay jumped as it kills my battery. I am currently working on getting a set of manifold gauges to test the pressures. Any help that anyone can give me at this point??? Thank you in advance!!!
    --------------------------
    the "problem" seems pretty basic -

either you put too much freon in the system -
    and the high side pressure to too high -
    so to protect the system -
    the high pressure switch has disabled the compressor -

OR - the high side pressure switch is defective -

I am currently working on getting a set of manifold gauges
    to test the pressures.

to diagnose the system - we need the following information -

ambient temperature -

with the AC set to 60* -
    fan set to medium speed -
    center vent selected -
    engine at a high idle - 1500rpm -

high pressure reading -
    low pressure reading -
    discharge air temp at center vent -

in the mean time - I would NOT recommend running the AC -
    with the safety switches by-passed -
    they are there for a reason -

if you are looking to buy a manifold set -
    here is a great deal - for $60 - with shipping -

http://www.amazon.com/Mountain-8205-...134a+gauge+set

or $58.61 - on ebay -
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mountain-820...d5279a&vxp=mtr

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.