Cadillac Owners Forum banner

HELP: 1995 cadillac seville engine diagrams

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  chevyorange 
#1 ·
I need help locating 1995 cadillac seville engine diagrams so I can do a re&re on my alternator and possibly the AC compressor unit ! ! !

The situation is this;
- My '95 Seville STS started generating some 'squealing' under the hood.
- Inspection brought me to think it was the 'belt idler bearing'. (so I thought).
- Later inspection led me to think it was the 'belt tensioner'. (not so).
- Now the noise is bad, there's brown dust all over the belt/pulleys.
- I'm about to tackle a re&re on the alternator, and maybe the AC
compressor.

These two accessories are painfully 'shoehorned' into the engine compartment, if anyone has any front engine diagrams/schematics that illustrate their locations, it would be a great help if you could get in touch with me, or post a reply with how I can get to these two units.

Thanks in advance to all that reply...
Dale.

See less See more
#2 ·
1995CadillacSTS said:
I need help locating 1995 cadillac seville engine diagrams so I can do a re&re on my alternator and possibly the AC compressor unit ! ! !

The situation is this;
- My '95 Seville STS started generating some 'squealing' under the hood.
- Inspection brought me to think it was the 'belt idler bearing'. (so I thought).
- Later inspection led me to think it was the 'belt tensioner'. (not so).
- Now the noise is bad, there's brown dust all over the belt/pulleys.
- I'm about to tackle a re&re on the alternator, and maybe the AC
compressor.

These two accessories are painfully 'shoehorned' into the engine compartment, if anyone has any front engine diagrams/schematics that illustrate their locations, it would be a great help if you could get in touch with me, or post a reply with how I can get to these two units.

Thanks in advance to all that reply...
Dale.
What is your locale? I have the 1994 Service Manual (they are big honkers). I imagine they are the same for the '95 (or close enough).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.