Replace my bose system with a new aftermarket radio.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Replace my bose system with a new aftermarket radio. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 95 Cadillac Eldorado i love this car very much and what i want to do is replace ...
    metalhead101 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 cadillac eldorado

Lightbulb Replace my bose system with a new aftermarket radio.

I have a 95 Cadillac Eldorado i love this car very much and what i want to do is replace my old out of date Bose system. With a new Pioneer touch head unit and all new kicker speakers 6/9s in the back and 6 /4 in the doors note that this car dose not have subs only the stock Bose amp speakers. Ive found out that head unit in the dash is only to control the real head unit witch is in the trunk. What i want to know is what dose what i see the real radio unit box with the antenna plug into it on the right side of the trunk beside the power antenna and a big black box on the back seat. What im asking is this dose the head unit in the dash send data to the radio unit box behind the power antenna then that sends data to the back box behind the seat and then that send data to the Bose speakers really im lost. If anyone could tell what all these components do that would be sweet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Replace my bose system with a new aftermarket radio.

You might avoid horror stories and electrical problems if you went to Discussions, Item Specific: Audio, Video, Security.

Have fun - the original HU and trunk control is part of the car's serial data bus and TheftLock system. The Bose system uses special low impedance speakers and dedicated amps, so you need to rewire the whole system.

amunderdog is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...eo-95-sts.html

These old ones are not to bad.
    you just have to find a correct adapter.

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 STS
    Hey sub, any member called metal head probably needs a thumpin audio system. A 95 is no collector car. Been around the block a few times. Let him go for it.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

He can go for it - but if he "Goes for it ....." the wrong way, he'll open a Pandora's Box of electrical, electronic, and security problems.

You know all the stories about "Hey, I installed an aftermarket stereo and now my car won't start and I have security system warnings" or other related problems. It's nowhere near "Stick in a HU and some speakers".

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Quote Originally Posted by metalhead101 View Post
    I have a 95 Cadillac Eldorado i love this car very much and what i want to do is replace my old out of date Bose system. With a new Pioneer touch head unit and all new kicker speakers 6/9s in the back and 6 /4 in the doors note that this car dose not have subs only the stock Bose amp speakers. Ive found out that head unit in the dash is only to control the real head unit witch is in the trunk. What i want to know is what dose what i see the real radio unit box with the antenna plug into it on the right side of the trunk beside the power antenna and a big black box on the back seat. What im asking is this dose the head unit in the dash send data to the radio unit box behind the power antenna then that sends data to the back box behind the seat and then that send data to the Bose speakers really im lost. If anyone could tell what all these components do that would be sweet.
    The only speakers you can use that will work with the factory Bose amps are Infinity's reference line. Other than that you have to rip out all the wiring...good luck..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.