Which would you buy this month if you needed tires on a 99 ETC

• Michelin - Primacy MXV4

Votes: 14 93.3%
  • Bridgestone - Turanza Serenity Plus

Votes: 1 6.7%

Tire Decision for my '99 ETC

7K views 48 replies 20 participants last post by  SamarthVader 
#1 ·
I have two Costco Choices within in next 2 weeks, both with $70-100 Rebates.

1. Michelin - Primacy MXV4 w/ rebate thru Sunday 7/7

2. Bridgestone - Turanza Serenity Plus w/ rebate beginning next week or two.

Please vote your preference. I am mainly curious as to which wins the vote, even though I know both are good tires for me. I have never bought Bridgestones before, but don't mind giving them a try over my fondness for Michelin this one time.

#35 ·
Ranger said:
It's not location. Discount claims they will beat anyone elses prices. I've never seen them do that by more than $5. Anyway, I called and told them I had a price from NTB. I don't recall how it all went down now, but he gave me the Michelin mail in rebate 2 days before it was in effect and took it right off the price. Then made a few more adjustments until he got down to $507. Little did he know I would have jumped on anything under $600. I told him I'd be there in 20 min. I didn't want to give him time to wake up or come to his senses.
WOW! Talk about a steal.

#42 · (Edited)
-----------------------------
check the DOT number on the sidewall -
the 4 digit number is the date code -

first 2 digits is the week - last 2 digits is the year -

example 3509 - would be the 35th week of 2009 -

3313 would be the 33rd week of 2013 -

----------

Ranger..... I went to discount tire and asked for the Symmetry's as they were originally installed on my ETC in 99. The rep told me they were discontinued and replaced with the MXV4's, and he suggested the MXV4's which I purchased. So, I assumed they weren't available anymore. Maybe there are a few sets still floating around obviously if you bought a set. You got a great deal if you paid just over $500 for the set. Mine were $630 and change, with all the warranties. Why it pays to shop around. :)
-------------------------------------
I went to discount tire and asked for the Symmetry's
as they were originally installed on my ETC in 99.
The rep told me they were discontinued
MIGHTY STRANGE -I just went in their site - plugged in MY zipcode -
and the 225/60/16 Symmetry is listed for $125 each -
$616.19 for the "out the door" price -

#39 ·
Vogue tyres are like "Cadillac" - Most people believe they're "special". (Actually, Vogue tyres are horrible - overpriced, lousy treadwear, and (based on the 3 (!!!) cars I've driven [short-term] with them installed), noisy and mediocre traction.

"Yeah, man I got a STS/ETC/DTS with brand new Vogue tyres !!! It's so cool !!!"..................."You gonna take it up to 130 and then autocross it this weekend ???" :rolleyes:

#41 ·
I agree about Michelin comments, also agree about Cooper, My daughters car (not a Caddy) has Goodyear triple treads, her car is absolutely helpless in the snow, my dad tried a set of them 3 or 4 years ago, 'could never get them balanced. I have Nexen N6000 tires on my 2000 STS, good in the snow, pulled a ramp one day at around 70 for giggles, no problem, no squealing. They are cheap, quiet, and seem to
be wearing well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.