Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  91TexasSeville 
#1 ·
I bought a 99 SLS in a auction that didnt have the remote for the keyless entry, I have a remote for 04 pont, can I program it to my sls and if so how do you program it?

#2 ·
I very much doubt that the 04 Pontiac remote will work for your 99 Seville but since you already have one I guess it's worth a try.

In any case, you need the Tech 2 scantool to program your RKE to work with the remote on 98 & newer Sevilles. You need to program all remotes you want to use at the same time in the sequence they will be recognized by the RKE.

Correct remote part nos. for the 99 Seville are 25656444 (Driver 1) & 25656445 (Driver 2).

#7 ·
Robertr994 said:
I bought a 99 SLS in a auction that didnt have the remote for the keyless entry, I have a remote for 04 pont, can I program it to my sls and if so how do you program it?
There are two ways for the RKE to relearn. One is to train it to the remote or program the RKE to the remote. You do not need a scan tool to do this although it does make the process of selecting a "like" remote to work with your existing settings. The OEM settings for the RKE will accept up to four remotes without need to reprogram. You can find that information at CaddilacInfo.com. The RKE has a set range of RF that it will respond to, the rest are ignored.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.