slop in seat track?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, slop in seat track? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; It has always bothered me that everything 'adjusts' every time you get in and out of the car. I like ...
    EcSTSatic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS - diamond white

slop in seat track?

It has always bothered me that everything 'adjusts' every time you get in and out of the car. I like the Driver 1/2 creature feature but it just translates to excessive wear. Has anyone experienced a little slack in the drivers seat track? It tends to slide backwards a little when you accelerate. Is there a common failure point?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SwampeastMike is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 99 STS, White Diamond

Re: slop in seat track?

You can use the personalization features in the DIC to stop the seat and steering wheel from moving. Turn the "Key in Recall", "Auto Exit Seat" and "Auto Exit Steering Wheel" function off. Even with the automatic movement, a few seconds operation of a very strong, very slow moving mechanism is insignificant wear. There are even so-called "soft" stops built in that in normal operation electrically stop travel just a bit before it physically ends.

The slack you feel in the seat is most likely just from loose mounting bolts. There are two at the rear of the seat (large Torx head bolts)--the inboard one is under the cover on the floor; the outboard one is horizontal in the seat track itself behind a plastic cover in one of the oval-shaped holes in the track. (Metal tangs slide into slots in the floor at the front so there are no fasteners at the front.) The factory spec of 30 ft/lb for the seat bolts doesn't seem to be enough so I tightened mine to 45 and no more slippage.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Re: slop in seat track?

Quote Originally Posted by EcSTSatic View Post
    It has always bothered me that everything 'adjusts' every time you get in and out of the car. I like the Driver 1/2 creature feature but it just translates to excessive wear. Has anyone experienced a little slack in the drivers seat track? It tends to slide backwards a little when you accelerate. Is there a common failure point?
    Mine always did this! Never could figure out why it did it. Hopefully my Deville won't do this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.