Intermittent Stalling - tach drops to 0, dash blacks out too.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Intermittent Stalling - tach drops to 0, dash blacks out too. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; "99" Seville sts, Stalls intermittently, sometimes just cranks over, I notice if I insert the key and turn it to ...
    jmullsy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 Seville sts

Intermittent Stalling - tach drops to 0, dash blacks out too.

"99" Seville sts, Stalls intermittently, sometimes just cranks over, I notice if I insert the key and turn it to on, then listen for the bing bing bing (sound 3X's) then it will start. If I dont do this procedure it will not start- most of the time. I've read up and figure Cam sensor and or Crankshaft sensor also am now considering the "ignition sensor or module" Any advice where to start first?? I'm on my own with no diagnostics..I just paid a scammer mechanic A LOT of money for him to swindle me and say the job is done,, I assumed it was fixed..turns out the job he thought was gonna fix it "a leaking intake gasket" was done but my initial problem was not fixed!!!! Raymonds hilltop Lowell Ma. fyi - Scammers!!! still I need help does my explanation of intermittent stalling and dash problems tell anyone anything? please help me!! It's an otherwise beautiful car!! Still runs and can get me from A to B but I do notice in rain it's not intermittent its inevitable to stall every half mile...thanks to anyone who can help. I also don't know where any of these are located other than the Crankshaft sensor. Where is the cam and ignition module?? should I do all 3??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Intermittent Stalling - tach drops to 0, dash blacks out too.

Start by using the onboard diagnostics and pull your own codes. Post them AND their definitions. See the DTC Sticky if you need help.

Also check your fuel pressure.

98cadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Seville STS

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Start by using the onboard diagnostics and pull your own codes. Post them AND their definitions. See the DTC Sticky if you need help.

Also check your fuel pressure.

It could also be an EGR valve that is sticking or not closing fully due to carbon buildup (see my post addressing my similar issue: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ermittent.html).

Before I did the Cam sensor and the two Crank sensors, the codes I pulled were:
    C 1211, C 1235, C 1276,C1295. and all P0201, through p0208. then P 1574, P1599, P 1646. After I did just the cam sensor, the car ran allot better seemingly. Until I did the 2 Crank sensors. I Still have the same problem. Intermittent stalling, Do I have to have the computer programed after doing Crank sensors?? Do the codes help? I wonder if it has to do with my ignition module or ignition itself?? Any one?? thank you for all your time guys!

You should not need to do the idle learn procedure. I didn't after replacing my CKP sensors and had no problems.

Codes probably would help if you provided their definitions. No one has them memorized.

sorry these are the codes and meaning but its Before I did the Cam sensor and the two Crank sensors .....so, the codes I pulled were:
    C 1211 (ABS indicator Malfunc), C 1235 (RRwheel speed circuit), C 1276 (Delivered torque signal cirucuit Malfunc),C1295 (Break lamp switch circuit) . and all P0201, through p0208 =(are all Injector control circuit for cyl 1-8 ). then P 1574 (stop lamp switch circ.) , P1599 (Engine stall or near stall detected), P 1646 (evap Vent Solenoid Circiut) I just replaced the solenoid as well??. After I did just the cam sensor, the car ran allot better seemingly. Until I did the 2 Crank sensors. I Still have the same problem. Intermittent stalling, Do I have to have the computer programed after doing Crank sensors?? Do the codes help? I wonder if it has to do with my ignition module or ignition itself?? Any one?? thank you for all your time guys!

basscatt is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Quote Originally Posted by jmullsy View Post
    sorry these are the codes and meaning but its Before I did the Cam sensor and the two Crank sensors .....so, the codes I pulled were:
    C 1211 (ABS indicator Malfunc), C 1235 (RRwheel speed circuit), C 1276 (Delivered torque signal cirucuit Malfunc),C1295 (Break lamp switch circuit) . and all P0201, through p0208 =(are all Injector control circuit for cyl 1-8 ). then P 1574 (stop lamp switch circ.) , P1599 (Engine stall or near stall detected), P 1646 (evap Vent Solenoid Circiut) I just replaced the solenoid as well??. After I did just the cam sensor, the car ran allot better seemingly. Until I did the 2 Crank sensors. I Still have the same problem. Intermittent stalling, Do I have to have the computer programed after doing Crank sensors?? Do the codes help? I wonder if it has to do with my ignition module or ignition itself?? Any one?? thank you for all your time guys!
    -------------------------
    Do the codes help?
    sure - that's why they are used -

I wonder if it has to do with my ignition module
    or ignition itself??

and all P0201, through p0208 =(are all Injector control circuit for cyl 1-8 ).
    gee - THAT might be a clue -
    if the injectors don't fire - guess what happens -
    the engine stalls -

might be a good place to start looking -
    you will need a noid - a stethoscope - and a DVM -

Do I have to have the computer programed after doing Crank sensors??
    NO.

I wonder if it has to do with my ignition module or ignition itself??
    Very possible.

and all P0201, through p0208 =(are all Injector control circuit for cyl 1-8 )
    That could be something common to all 8 injectors, though I'm not sure what that might be.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.