Need some clarification - Sound system swap - 1997 Eldorado - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Need some clarification - Sound system swap - 1997 Eldorado in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by MoistCabbage Unlikely they both went out at the same time, and that wouldn't affect their operation. Oh ...
    eldorado_97 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS, W/Nav

Re: Need some clarification - Sound system swap - 1997 Eldorado

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    Unlikely they both went out at the same time, and that wouldn't affect their operation.
    Oh I didn't know they weren't working lol I thought he said the valet switch was on and he turned it off and they worked but didn't light up my apologies

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
    Mines working now too. But i just locked my keys in the Caddy >.<!

Champagne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 eldorado

Vincentm...so yours started working when you installed your HU or you did something else? Get a door key copy and put in wallet. I've had to break into my cars toooooo many times (sometimes even breaking windows X_x) for it not to be worth it! Buick used to give out plastic keys with their cars, that was in a plastic card for slipping into a card slot in your wallet, just for that reason, lol.

For future reference, my valet button problem was a blown radio fuse! I replaced (with no head unit in still) and valet buttons work, thankfully.

----------

This doesn't include my year, but would it still work?

http://www.blamoshop.com/metra-gmos-06-interface/

Aight, GMOS-06 arrived and head unit's in! Valet buttons working! Cigarette lighter isn't, but it could be dirty, blown fuse, a bunch of small things. I'm not too worried about that. HOWEVER the GMOS-06 cuts music off to chime the low fuel warning...is this stoppable by the volume control on it, or is this just a problem I have to accept? The fuel warning gets on my nerves regardless. Seems like it starts going off at a quarter tank. Has anybody programmed this out or something? Other than that, a brake bypass and dash kit, and the radio'll be done.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

For the cig lighter, pop the hood, take the cover off the fuse panel and wiggle the cable going to the inadvertent power relay. Did so on my 97 Eldorado and voila it works. Overtime those wires need a kick in the pants.

Appreciate that...I'll do it when it stops raining. You have the same chime-music tradeoff I'm having or your HU not do that?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.