P1545 Code AC clutch circuit
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, P1545 Code AC clutch circuit in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Is there a way to check the BCM without a scan tool at the dealer. I jumped the clutch and ...
    bler57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Eldorado Collectors Edition

P1545 Code AC clutch circuit

Is there a way to check the BCM without a scan tool at the dealer. I jumped the clutch and it engages so it is something in the circuit. I was hoping I didn't have to take in to the dealer.

----------

The AC control panel works and the fan blows but the clutch does not engage.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, install a sound system
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: P1545 Code AC clutch circuit

No refrigerant or compressor clutch controls codes ?? My first thought would be compressor locked out by a low refrigerant switch.

The freon is good and bothe pressure and temp switches have been checked. All seems to be good. That is what led me to look at the BCM.

JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)

The complete definition of your code is
    P1545 - Air Conditioning (A/C) Clutch Relay Control Circuit
    The important part is "Relay Control Circuit".

Quote Originally Posted by b;4ler57 View Post
    Is there a way to check the BCM without a scan tool at the dealer.
    Your BCM is not involved in the relay control circuit.

The relay control circuit (relay coil) is protected by a 10 A fuse labeled as CRUISE in the Underhood Fuse Block. Check that fuse with an ohmmeter or simply replace it. Any possible corrosion on the fuse blades or sockets will be wiped clean simply by removing and installing the fuse several times.
    This is a good place to mention the 10 A fuse labeled as A/C COMP.

Also in the relay control circuit are the A/C Low Pressure Switch and the A/C High Pressure Switch.

Chassis ground for the relay control circuit is via the PCM.

Good info. Thank you. I did check the ac relay, both the ac fuse and cruise fuse, as well as the comfort fuse in the trunk. All fuses were good so I will put the fuse in and out a few times and see what happens. Thanks again. Kurt

----------

Ok. I checked the fuses with an ohm meter and they are good. R&R'd them a few times, swapped the fuel pump relay with the ac relay and the fuel pump works so relay is good. Jumped the ac clutch and it works. What is left to check?

JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)

Quote Originally Posted by bler57 View Post
    ....Jumped the ac clutch and it works. What is left to check?
    "Also in the relay control circuit are the A/C Low Pressure Switch and the A/C High Pressure Switch"

It's time to look at the A/C refrigerant charge (again) with a pair of gauges. The residual pressures should point an experienced A/C technician in the direction of either 'needing additional refrigerant' OR 'a faulty pressure switch'.

Turns out I only had about .4 lbs of freon in the system. I jumped the clutch and was able to fill the system that way. However, the clutch would still not turn on. I cleared all of the codes and tried again with no luck. Turns out the issue was the high pressure switch. Once that was replaced the system is back in working order. Thanks to everyone for the info and suggestions. Much appreciated. Mostly by my wife who now has her air back for the summer!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.