Turn signal flasher
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Turn signal flasher in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have recently bought a 2002 Eldorado(only 40,000 miles) the only problem so far is the left turn flashes about ...
    RexWilliams is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Eldorado ESC

Turn signal flasher

I have recently bought a 2002 Eldorado(only 40,000 miles) the only problem so far is the left turn flashes about three times faster than the right. I bought a flasher but can't find where it goes, I pulled the lower panels off but can't see it. It sounds like it is directly behind the headlight panel but no way to get to it from underneath. I figured I better leave it alone and see if someone on the forum can help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Turn signal flasher

Before replacing the flasher, check the bulbs and sockets.

#75 is the turn signal flasher. #86 is the hazards

http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/Page_Pro...X=&SupplGroup=

Ranger, I thought of the bulbs but all are working, I'll check to see if they are the correct ones. If I have to change the flasher where is it located and how do I change it, thanks for the reply

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Not sure how you get to the flasher, but you might get access through the side panel. Looks like as you suggested it may be behind the headlamp switch. Not sure on your model, but my headlamp switch just pry's loose and pulls straight out. Might get in through there as well.

Cadillac R is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Eldorado ETC, 2001 Cadillac Deville

When I changed the flasher on my 96 Eldorado I took the lower panel off and the flasher was up high to the left and kind of hard to reach, not too hard to change though once you find it.

Aztec ETC ECS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC ECS#533, '05 Escalade, '05 AWD Magnum, '74 455 OLDS

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Before replacing the flasher, check the bulbs and sockets.
    Gotta agree. Fast flash usually means bulb out.

I will check the bulbs tomorrow although it looked like the were all flashing rears anyway and at least one in the front so will start there. Thanks for the info, I will let the forum know what I find.

Aztec ETC ECS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '02 ETC ECS#533, '05 Escalade, '05 AWD Magnum, '74 455 OLDS

Check the other side to see which ones should flash.

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

If one side flashes normal and the other fast IS NOT THE FLASHER!.
    The flasher does not have a left and a right side circuit, is only one circuit, the turning switch directs the signal from the flasher either to the left or the right side bulbs.
    The flasher has a current sensor inside and is set to flash at normal rate when the current drawn is equal with what 4 light bulbs will normally draw (1 bulb in front and 3 in the rear). If the current is less (say only 3 bulbs are working) then will flash faster to indicate to the driver that one or more bulbs are out (either burned or not making good contact).
    So what you need to do is put the flasher on and check all the bulbs, you should have one in front and 3 in the back. I repeat there are 3 bulbs in the taillight, is not enough to see some light flashing you must be sure that all 3 bulbs are flashing. Also you must pay attention to the intensity of each bulb, it may flash but may be dimmer. If that's the case it means it has a bad contact (mainly ground).
    Again is NOT the flasher, the flasher works fine, is doing what was designed to do, is indicating that one bulbs or socket or wire on that side has an issue.
    Just for your knowledge (for future repair, but I repeat this is not the case), the flasher relay is located underneath the dash board on the right side from the hood release handle, accessible once the driver's side kick panel is removed (it is clipped on and surrounded in a foam wrapping).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.