2002 Seville HVAC blower help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 2002 Seville HVAC blower help in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; 2002 sts approx. 80k miles. Blower motor runs when it wants to. Doesn't matter if in auto mode or manual ...
    broncobeater is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 sts seville

2002 Seville HVAC blower help

2002 sts approx. 80k miles. Blower motor runs when it wants to. Doesn't matter if in auto mode or manual mode. Compressor kicks in like it should but only on occasion does the blower fan come on. Rear fan works manually like should. All the door actuators seem to be directing air properly...just no volume. Checked codes and came up with several u1255 Class 2 communications fault....u1301 class 2 short to battery....1340 air mix door movement fault. Several others that I'll deal with in another thread. When blower does come on...everything seems peachy. then next key cycle and nothing...???? Driving my mother in law nuts which in turn she drives me nuts. All help appreciated. Darrell

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: 2002 Seville HVAC blower help

Replace the blower or if you are good enough, remove it and open it up. You might find a loose or burnt wire or brushes.

broncobeater is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 sts seville

Thank you for the welcome.... I would have thought if blower problem that it would not be so quiet etc. when it does choose to run. You can turn it to all speeds and on and off ...works great. Then next time you start car nothing ...no blower what so ever. I thought some kind of control or signal issue.???

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Have you been through the owner's manual to practice setting the various personalization functions - including the HVAC system ? (Far out guess)

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

A loose ground is another possibility, but I'd bet on the blower. Do a search and you'll find it is somewhat common.

eldorado_97 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS, W/Nav

I was just going to say check the ground for it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.