Well here I am again...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Well here I am again... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'm coming back to you guys! I just sold my BMW and if everything checks out tomorrow with this STS, ...
    ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Well here I am again...

I'm coming back to you guys! I just sold my BMW and if everything checks out tomorrow with this STS, I'll be buying it. Of course I know all of the Seville areas to check but the car looks clean and the guy said it was in good shape. We'll see about that. I'm looking forward to owning a great automobile like the Seville again!

STS
    ben.gators and Cadillac Kid03 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Re: Well here I am again...

You already know what i'm going to recommend..

stoveguyy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 96 STS, 140k
    3 month warranty. Woohoo. Drain and flush cooling system and see how it performs. Not that a previous owner could hide bad headgaskets with miracle sealer, but you never know.

vincentm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC

Checks the struts and shocks, block test, surge tank for signs of tablets/goop etc, trunk leaks, etc.If it puts a smile on your face, then get her and open her up...on the road that is lol

Will do Vincent! It's a two owner car and the previous owner had it for 9 years from 32k to 127k so that means it must have been decent enough to keep around. We'll see how it goes. I'm not getting too excited as it could turn out to be a piece of shit.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Can you get your hands on it for checkout ??? You've been here before .......................

Quote Originally Posted by Submariner409 View Post
    Can you get your hands on it for checkout ??? You've been here before .......................
    I live about 200 miles away from where it's located. I'm going to take it for a really good test drive tomorrow and wind it out a little bit to check for potential headgasket scares. Trunk leaks, shocks, coolant tank, 3rd brake light, sunroof leaks, paint issues, blown speakers, broken seat heaters, funny noises. Going to go over it with a fine tooth comb. I'm still going to try and talk them down a bit. The car is right at market value but I'd rather pay less and get a good kickstart on some repairs. Spark plugs, air filter, oil change, throttle body cleaning, fuel filter, coolant drain and re-fill and a good detail are in store.

basscatt is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

don't forget to check for codes -
    and don't overlook that P0741 - along with suspension codes -

ted tcb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Previous STS' 1995/97/99/01/03

Well, you still have a can of SEM leather paint in the correct color kicking around

What happened with the BMW ... I know you put a lot of effort into bringing that little car back to life?

Quote Originally Posted by ted tcb View Post
    Well, you still have a can of SEM leather paint in the correct color kicking around

What happened with the BMW ... I know you put a lot of effort into bringing that little car back to life?
    Grew tired of the hard ride and poor, flat seats. The cornering was excellent but it wasn't worth it for the tradeoffs. I decided to sell it before the mileage creeped up closer to 200k.

Cadillac Kid03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS, 1992 Z28

Here's one that's been on craigs for a while but looks pretty good in the photos.

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/cto/3846271692.html

No more Silver. Had it once, not again. White Diamond or Black only. Good price though.
    Cadillac Kid03 likes this.

Eldorado guy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '80 Eldorado, '50 Chrysler Windsor, '92 Ford F-250 7.3 4x4

Maybe you can still purchase mine at the dealer I traded it in at a couple months ago. 2003 F55 car, nav, under 110K miles. The magneride struts were leaking only a little, the steering rack only had 1/2" more play in it than the families 170K mile Taurus, and the headgasket was still good for at least one more oil change. She's really pretty, though. Priced at less than $500 more than that white diamond one is listed for.

Not trying to be a total smart ass, my point out of this is check the car out real good. Everyone gets rid of a car for a reason. Seems with these cars there are good ones and bad ones, just like anything else. She sure is a pretty one, though. Always loved that white diamond. If that block fluid does anything other than stay blue, walk.

Oh yeah I owned one for 3 1/2 years so I know just about all the problem areas with these cars. They're so worth it.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

There is something very special about these Sevilles! I totally understand why you returned back! I have been test driving many many cars. Newer cars, brand new cars, German cars, sports cars, you name it.... No argue that many of them can corner 1000 times better than a Seville, or some are more powerful, etc. But Seville STS is a very nice package. It has its own problems. It is a heavy front wheel drive car with 60%/40% weight distribution. But it is still a very happy car that likes to be driven and likes to be driven hard, and meanwhile you really enjoy the comfortable ride inside! And the car still looks great! To this date, I still smile when I walk towards my STS! I am not sure you know or not; my HG is on the way out (positive block test), but it is still fine and I can drive it without any special problem. For now I am enjoying driving my STS until it starts to overheat on a daily basis. I might end up buying another STS for 3-4k! Who knows!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.