Cooling system and ground 101
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Cooling system and ground 101 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; 99 sts I recently pulled out my radiator and surge tank (both had leaks) and replaced them with new parts. ...
    divine97godly is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 Sts

Cooling system and ground 101

99 sts

I recently pulled out my radiator and surge tank (both had leaks) and replaced them with new parts.

Right under the surge tank was 101 ground which I find out after I tried backing out the bolt causing it to snapped. Check coolant level message and my wipers no longer worked. I grounded to another threaded hole in the frame right in front of the headless bolt. The air box housing was using the hole. Wipers work they only work on high since I had Sts seems to operate at a slower speed. Should I use a real ground location for 101 or is any location on the frame sufficient?

The old surge tank had hairline cracks that shot out coolant under high pressure and the coolant soaked down underneath the air box area over the ground 101 and into the sleeve for the air box that runs into the filter area. So I believe the air in take housing underneath the car has some coolant in it.

Does the housing underneath the car come off?
    Would a small hole hurt the air intake system

I had my water pump assembly replaced last summer I now have a new radiator and surge tank. What other parts relating to the cooling system should I look into replacing. Now of the hoses are leaking. Most of the clamps look weathered.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx), '04 DTS & the witch driver gone.

Re: Cooling system and ground 101

Quote Originally Posted by divine97godly View Post
    ....Check coolant level message and my wipers no longer worked. I grounded to another threaded hole in the frame right in front of the headless bolt.
    ....Should I use a real ground location for 101 or is any location on the frame sufficient?
    G101 is the ground location for:
    windshield wiper motor
    cruise control module
    engine coolant level switch
    underhood lamp
    brake fluid level switch
    windshield washer solvent level switch
    windshield washer pump motor.

If all seven of those systems operate properly, you have found a "real ground" location for G101.

divine97godly is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 Sts
    New ground location for 101 seems to be working fine. Cruise control and wipers and under hood light operate.

JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx), '04 DTS & the witch driver gone.

Re: Cooling system and ground 101

Quote Originally Posted by divine97godly View Post
    New ground location for 101 seems to be working fine. Cruise control and wipers and under hood light operate.
    Well done! Happy motoring.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.